Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand Report

darrenf

I am the Product Manager for OnCommand Report. We are planning to release the next version of OnCommand Report (1.2) within the next six months. We are also in the process of building new value driven business requirements into OnCommand Report.

If you have downloaded OnCommand Report, and are not actively using it, I am keenly interested in knowing why this is the case, and how this product can provide more value to you and your business.

Please respond to this or feel free to contact me:

Darren Fernandes

Product Manager
Data ONTAP Manageability

NetApp
Direct Line : 781.768.5440
Mobile: 617.276.5412

darrenf@netapp.com

12 REPLIES 12

WILLIAM_LORENZO

Darren,

I am just getting my feet wet with OCR and I love it so far but the thing I would love most to see added would be system performance data. From a pure space management tool it is wonderful but being able to extend the power of cognos to leverage system performance data would add great value.

darrenf

Hi William,

Thanks for your response. I'd like to talk to you more about the functionality in OCR that you love. Performance is on the roadmap, but I'm trying to provide more value for inventory and capacity for the immediate future.

Can I give you a call? You can also call or email me at your convenience:

darrenf@netapp.com

ulundberg

I would like to see protection status: PM-server,Dataset,Status,Lag time,Conformance,....

darrenf

Hi,

I would like to talk to you in more detail to understand the protection report that you're looking for. Can we have a brief chat?

Here is my contact info:

darrenf@netapp.com

Thanks,

Darren

pascalduk

Performance and replication are also on my list. Another big one for me is historic trending for e.g. capacity management. Currently I can report the current storage usage.

Adding Clustered Data ONTAP systems is also a must for the future.

darrenf

Hi Pascal,

Hi,

Perfromance, replication and capacity forecasting are all very critical and we recognize this. We are adding support for clustered ONTAP in the next OCR release (1.2), expected around August 2013.

Can we have a brief chat?

Here is my contact info:

darrenf@netapp.com

Thanks,

Darren

pascalduk

Sure, but my calendar is completely booked for this week and the difference in time zone also does not help.

I will send you an email with my contact details.

dburkland

I just installed OCR last week and wished there was a way to report on growth over time (Ex. a year). It seems that OCUM has this data however there are no easy ways to create such a report.

darrenf

Hi Dan,

We do have some growth reports. I'd like to talk with you and possibly do a Web-Ex to see what reports in OCUM you're looking at. Can we arrange a session?

My email: darrenf@netapp.com

Thanks,

Darren

dburkland

Not a problem, I have since sent you an email.

Thanks!

Dan

JITTU2022

Hi,

And most required feature for me to include Un-owned disks.

thanks

darrenf

Hi,

Let's talk about this. What do you define unowned disks? What is this information important and what problem are you trying to solve. Please feel free to call me (617) 276-5412.

Thanks,

Darren

Public