Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand System Manager 2.1 is now Available

amritad

Hi,

OnCommand System Manager 2.1 is available on the support site.New features such as support for Flash Pools, Infinite Volumes, and multi-disk carrier disk shelves are included in this release. System Manager 2.1 also corrects a potential data availability issue that affected the network module in System Manager 2.0.1. The list of incremental bug fixes included in System Manager 2.1 is available here :

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_get_file/ECMP1120619

Customers using older versions of System Manager are recommended to download and install the new OnCommand System Manager 2.1 from the support site. We've also heard some complaints on performance and we have tried to address issues in this release.

In case there are any questions or issues please reach out to me directly at amrita.das@netapp.com.

Thanks for your support and let us know your feedback.

Regards

Amrita

41 REPLIES 41

bazmercer

anyone using this on win 8? I'm having issues. I cant:

• resize columns (nothing happens)
  • create volumes (I get a grey empty box)
  • "add" filers (I have to discover)

using java 6u37

amritad

Hi

System Manager isn't yet qualified or supported on the Windows 8 yet. However some customers have managed to get it to work in the compatibility mode.

More details about platform support are available on our support site under interoperability matrix.

Regards

Amrita

marjansladek

Hi

As Armitad said, I did not know that System Manager 2.1 does not work in Win 8 (or 2012).

I've installed as fresh install (no previous ver. installed) tried and run it successfully in Win 8 (VM x86) with java 7u11 but I can not add storage, after click on add button nothing happen'. If I use discover button it searches entered subnet and find 1 storage with ontapp 7.x but not the other one with ontapp 8.x

Also I've tried to install into Win 7 x86 VM but System Manager 2.1 demands java x64 ?!?

I've have installed System Manager 2.0.2 in other Win 7 VM x86 with x86 java 7u11 and it works, but slowly, there is no scrollbar etc...

mcsterkel

I am seeing the same thing as bazmercer only I am running windows 2012 with java 7 update 9. It seemed to work fine until about 2 weeks or so ago

I see the same gray box.

The only time I get an error is when I try to create a vfiler I get the following error

=ERROR==
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException

==TIME==
2012-12-13 14:24:28,512

==MESSAGE==
(InvalidCharacterError): InvalidCharacterError
code: 5
ABORT_ERR: 20
DATA_CLONE_ERR: 25
DOMSTRING_SIZE_ERR: 2
HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR: 3
INDEX_SIZE_ERR: 1
INUSE_ATTRIBUTE_ERR: 10
INVALID_ACCESS_ERR: 15
INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: 5
INVALID_MODIFICATION_ERR: 13
INVALID_NODE_TYPE_ERR: 24
INVALID_STATE_ERR: 11
NAMESPACE_ERR: 14
NETWORK_ERR: 19
NOT_FOUND_ERR: 8
NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR: 9
NO_DATA_ALLOWED_ERR: 6
NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR: 7
PARSE_ERR: 81
QUOTA_EXCEEDED_ERR: 22
SECURITY_ERR: 18
SERIALIZE_ERR: 82
SYNTAX_ERR: 12
TIMEOUT_ERR: 23
TYPE_MISMATCH_ERR: 17
URL_MISMATCH_ERR: 21
VALIDATION_ERR: 16
WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR: 4

==DETAILS==
No details are available.

==CORRECTIVE ACTION==
No suggested corrective action is available.

==LOCATION==
Location is not specified.

==BROWSER INFO==
App Name: Microsoft Internet Explorer
App Version: 5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
App Codename: Mozilla
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Platform: Win32
Cookie Enabled: true

amritad

Hi,

Windows 2012 is not yet a supported or tested configuration. However some customers have managed to get it to work suing the compatibility mode.

Regards

Amrita

ZengerStefan

I've upgraded to 2.1.

Now I'm getting the following error for some of my filers.

com.netapp.nwf.client.communication.ResponseException

I did a fresh install to, same error message.

best regards

Stefan

MOHANMEDAPATI

hi i have upgraded from system manager 2.0 to 2.1 and

When System Manager starts it launches a browser back to different localhost and then a dynamic port address and shows nothing i have clicked in automatic port entry during start

i am on ONTAP 8.1.2 7-mode having cluster configured there are no changes being done recently last month we have upgraded from 7.3 to 8.1

anders_hansen

After upgrading to 2.1 my GUI in system manager is fucked up - anyone else seen this ?

Windows 7 64bit - tried IE and Firefox.

amritad

Hi,

Is it just the LUN page or does it happen across the product? This is the first time we're hearing of this problem so trying to understand more. this isn't happening on any of the lab machines also.

Regards

Amrita

anders_hansen

I found out when i have the issue. its when i am using my 27" screen (2560x1440). When i use my other external monitor (24" - 1920x1200) and my laptop screen (15" - 1920x1080), there is no problem.

THUNTINGTON

Hey,

Thanks for releasing this even though it's officially un-supported - I really appreciate that.

I have recently upgraded to OSX Mountain Lion locally, and when trying to run this (or the older 2.0.1 version), all the graphs are not loading (it says "Blocked Plug-in".  I'm assuming this is a java issue with the new OSX Security updates issued by Apple, but do you know how to work around this and re-enable them in this app?

Thanks in advance,

Tristan

amritad

Hi Tristan,

Make sure your flash plugins are working on Safari. If they are not, then SM OSX will not work either. SM OSX is base on the webview wignet which underpins Safari.

Regards

Amrita

THUNTINGTON

Thanks!  That fixed my problem.

unixadmin_fiz

Hi,

i am trying to open the Configuration-Network Interfaces and get this message: verifying the sequence of commands in the /etc/rc file...

That's it.....this message stays forever! Help needed 🙂

P.S We have a MetroCluster Installation of two FAS3140

regards Eberhard

karthikv

Hi Eberhard,

System Manager checks for validity of /etc/rc file for 2 things

1. The sequence of commands in /etc/rc file

2. The entries in /etc/rc file and the in-memory contents of networking values

If one of the above things are not in order, System Manager will not allow users to perform networking operations.

Looks like in the above case, the sequence of commands in /etc/rc file are not in order.

The order that it should be in is as follows

What the etc/rc file format is

The etc/rc files consist of a sequence of commands that are executed in a particular order which determines the format of these files.

The expected sequence of commands in the etc/rc files is as follows: 1. hostname
2. vif or interface group
3. vlan

4. ifconfig 5. vfiler 6. route
7. routed

8. options 9. savecore

If the order of these commands is modified in the etc/rc files, System Manager displays a failure message.

Once all the commands are entered in proper order, you should not see the error message and should be able to perform networking operations successfully.

For more information about Network Configuration Checker, please refer System Manager 2.1 7-Mode help document.

Regards,

Karthik

unixadmin_fiz

Hello Karthik,

thanks for the answer. I get no error, only this message : "verifying the sequence of commands in the /etc/rc file..."

regards Eberhard

unixadmin_fiz

one more thing...

if i check the rc file with the Tool "Network Configuration Checker" all seems to be ok!

regards Eberhard

karthikv

looks like the sequence check never finishes checking.

Did you check the sequence in the /etc/rc file ? Is the sequence ok ?

If you are still seeing this issue after correcting sequence issues in /etc/rc file then we will have to look into it further to root cause.

It would also be helpful if you could generate the support bundle and send it across. You can either attach it to this message or mail it to karthikv@netapp.com. I will have the engineering team look at it and get back.

You can generate support bundle from 'Help' menu in System Manager application. Please set the log level to 'Debug' before generating the support bundle  (Tools -> Options -> Log Level).

Regards,

Karthik

lesjarvis

Hi there,

I am currently running 7.3.5.1 on a FAS2020 with System Manager 1.1.  It looks like 2.1 will not work with my filer.  Is 2.0.2 the recommended upgrade path?

Thanks,

Les

karthikv

Hi Les,

System Manager 2.2 is the recommended upgrade path.

Regards,

Karthik

Public