I started getting this error upon login earlier this week and I am stumped on how to resolve it.
When attempting to launch OnCommand System Manager in my web browser (Internet Exporer 9, Update Versions: 9.0.22) I can successfully log into all filers but one, which produces the following message before authentication:
"<filer name> is not configured for secure management. Sensitive information you supply including passwords will be visible to other computers on the network."
The message then offers two radio buttons for options:
"Set up a secure connection. (Recommended) This option configures SSL using an insecure connection, then switches to secure connection."
"Continue without secure connection. Transports credentials and data in clear text format."
In terms of troubleshooting, I have verified that SSL is enabled on the filer and attempting to setup a new SSL certificate doesn't seem to address the issue. I have also disabled/enabled the SSL service on the problem filer, to no avail.
I have a total of twelve filers in my environment and none of the other filers are experiencing this issue, which makes me believe that something changed on this particular filer to cause the issue. Thoughts on what to try next for troubleshooting would be appreciated.
I started receiving the same message for ALL my Filers (12) so I tried downloading and installing 3.1.2(rc2) and that did not help. I have another machine that has system manager on it and that one does does not produce the error message. Also have co-workers that have 3.1.1 installed and they have not had the problem. So something "happened" on my machine that it thinks that it cant make a secure connection. tried different browers IE, Chrome, firefox and it has not mattered. Just wanted to post something just in case someone else "suddenly" started having issues to let you know you are not alone.
Tried enabling TLS on filer it didnt help. That woldnt make sense anyway as I havent upgraded system manager on 2 of my client machines and I havent changed anything on the Filers. I think it must be a Java update or windows update which has caused this as its happened on 2 machines for all my filers.