Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand System Manager 3.1RC1 for Mac OSX

kunalm

Folks

The Mac build at toolchest has been updated to 3.1RC1 build.

============================================================================

System Manager 3.1RC1 build for Mac OSX is now available for download from NetApp Support Site > Toolchest

http://support.netapp.com/NOW/download/tools/ocsm/

Disclaimer on OnCommand System Manager 3.1RC1 for Mac OSX

We currently do not officially support Systems Manager on the Mac OSX Platform.

This will be supported on a best-effort volunteer basis via the communities There is no engineering or CSS support for this build.

There will be no guarantee for support nor commitment to providing an OSX based client in future releases.

Thanks for supporting System Manager.

Message was edited by: Kunal Malhotra

72 REPLIES 72

sjhwilkes

+1 another Mac user here, 3.0RC1 is still the only version publicly posted.

gabrielc

I have no idea. Maybe the owner of this thread is able to answer the question.

peter_lehmann

Yes, is it or will it?

kunalm

Are there any issues you guys are facing with the RC build?

brandon_odell

I'm still getting the "null" browser path warning. As long as I do not click on the "Ok" to close that java warning window, it launches whatever default browser is set and works perfectly fine (just don't close that window).

What should the "Browser path" be in in the Tools > Options menu if "null" is incorrect?

jthaloor

Should be some executable like /bin/date

Sent from my iPhone

arthursc0

jthaloor,

I have exactly the same issue as gabrielc. When is the GA avaible and what should be in the browser path in options?

colin.

chao

Hi Gabrielc

Did you fix the issue?  I met similar one but complain browser path is "/Application/Firefox.app"

Thanks and Best Regards!

TC

wiunixadmins

getting an error untaring it. tried cli, unarchiver and apple archive utility, same error

"Could not extract the file "SystemManager3.app/Contents/Resources/WebServer/webapps/SysMgr_3_1_0_7mode/sysmgr/charts/powercharts/ErrorBar2d.swf" from the archive.

brandon_odell

I got the same error with 3.1RC1 as well (I tried multiple methods/tools).

splnadmin

Same here. Is there any way I can download the previous build for the time being?

knorman

I'm receiving the following error with trying to uncompress the .gz file I downloaded from the support site.

Unable to expand "SystemManager31RC1.tar.gz" into "Downloads:.

(Error 1 - Operation not permitted)

Any help would be appreciated.

jthaloor

The file on support site seems to be corrupted.  The actual size of the file is around 78MB. The one on the support site is around 48 MB. We will try to get the file replaced soon.

darrellg

No rush and no worries, but wondering when we should expect the updated file. Thanks!

darrellg

I leveraged RAR Extractor (free version) to readily extract/uncompress the file Norm. However, I hit the following error when launching the file.

The file version is the 45MB sized one. Need to move on and waiting for the revised version.

kunalm

Folks

The file on toolchest in an incomplete one. We have asked the team to replace it ASAP. Will update here once we have the right version.

kunalm

The file on toolchest has been updated with the correct downloadable. Do let us know your experience with System Manager 3.1RC1

http://support.netapp.com/NOW/download/tools/ocsm/

Thanks

Kunal

knorman

Thank you for the updated file.  This is working now.

ANDREAS_HEINRICH

I just downloaded the SystemManager31RC1.tar.gz from the toolchest and still get the same errors. (Error: Java Version mismatch & Unable to launch the browser. Ensure the path "null" is correct and try again - when starting via "java -jar SystemManager.jar").

Any Updates on the download?

chao

Try this: Edit the Tools-> Options-> browser path to /bin/date

chao

I have issue in OSX 10.9.1 and java 1.7.0_51. when click it, it pop-up a java error but will still open a safari tab to launch  System Manager.

the right path should be /Applications/Firefox.app.  But I could not change it by edit Tools->options.  it reported the server is not responding.

Public