Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

OnCommand unattended installation - filling /tmp dir

hadrian

Hey Team,

Trying to upgrade to OnCommand 5.0 Core and it appears the /tmp directory is not big enough - only 1GB.  The Installation guide says it wants 4GB for unpacking files.  Is there any way to tell the install to use an alternate path for the TMP data? 

We've tried using -d </dir> which is normally used to specify a different INSTALLATION path and that didn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Hadrian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hadrian

Two items:

Many CLI installation parameters are actually documented in the OnCommand 5.0 install guide.  The -w parameter sets the path for the server CLI wrappers. 

To workaround the issue, we were able to change the environmental variable "TMPDIR" to a different path, like so:

export TMPDIR=/dfm/tmp

And then the installation would succeed, not needing any parameters.

Hadrian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

scottgelb

Yes. Use -w /tmpdirpath

hadrian

Any other parameters you'd like to share?  That do other neat things for unattended installations?

scottgelb

I don't know of any other automation options..usually just install once or twice at each customer but would be cool to have an expect script or macro that could enter the key and automate the install... maybe one day we'll see it inside one of the controllers in c-mode or something.

hadrian

Seems like -w is not working   Any other ideas?

./occore-setup-5-0-linux.sh –w /dfm/tmp

Preparing to install OnCommand Core Package

Unpacking files needed for the installation ...

Failed to write file [No space left on device]

/dev/mapper/vgfs-vapps

247G  119G 116G  51% /dfm

scottgelb

It worked in my vm. I had the same issue with tmp too small and used -w to an nfs mount to get space for the install.

hadrian

Two items:

Many CLI installation parameters are actually documented in the OnCommand 5.0 install guide.  The -w parameter sets the path for the server CLI wrappers. 

To workaround the issue, we were able to change the environmental variable "TMPDIR" to a different path, like so:

export TMPDIR=/dfm/tmp

And then the installation would succeed, not needing any parameters.

Hadrian

Public