Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Oncommand Insight 7.3

sstrznwra

Hello

The cisco UCS-FI-6454 with NXOS: version 7.0 (3) N2 (4.04e) are not in the OCI 7.3 support matrix.

When will the switches be supported in OCI.
A query via OCI causes the Error:

Timed out during sending SNMP request: GETNEXT [{contextEngineID = 80: 00: 00: 09: 03: 00: 3a: 9c: ac: 17: e0, contextName =}, requestID = 1081122353, errorStatus = 0, errorIndex = 0, VBS [1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.289.1.1.1 = zero; 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5 = zero]]. Current time out (milliseconds): 5000 ms. Retries: 3.

The older UCS-FI-6296UP with Firmware:5.0(3)N2(4.04e) work without problems in OCI

Thanks

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ostiguy

Has this device ever been discovered by OCI successfully (i.e, did a recent firmware upgrade cause OCI to stop discovering it)?

I ask because this looks like a generic SNMP timeout - i.e, as SNMP is UDP based, it is fairly typical for no response whatsoever to come back from a SNMP query if *ANY* of:

the community string is wrong

The device has an ACL blocking SNMP or there is a firewall between the AU and the device

The device is configured to only support SNMPv3

The device has not have SNMP support enabled

We ship a snmpwalk tool to allow you to try to diagnose SNMP issues in a CLI shell - if you see the same type of response with our walk, you need to look at all of those aspects I cited

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ostiguy

Has this device ever been discovered by OCI successfully (i.e, did a recent firmware upgrade cause OCI to stop discovering it)?

I ask because this looks like a generic SNMP timeout - i.e, as SNMP is UDP based, it is fairly typical for no response whatsoever to come back from a SNMP query if *ANY* of:

the community string is wrong

The device has an ACL blocking SNMP or there is a firewall between the AU and the device

The device is configured to only support SNMPv3

The device has not have SNMP support enabled

We ship a snmpwalk tool to allow you to try to diagnose SNMP issues in a CLI shell - if you see the same type of response with our walk, you need to look at all of those aspects I cited

sstrznwra

Hi Matt,

The UCS-FI-6454 are new devices that have never been discovered with OCI.

I will test this with snmpwalk / snmpget in the next few days

Thanks

Michael

sstrznwra

Hello Matt,

We tested with a snmp tool and you were right. It was a rights problem.
The OCI test of the data source is OK
Configuration: Successfully executed test command on device.
But the inventory shows an error.
dmConfigDomainId: noSuchObject
Could it be that the Cisco FI 6400 Series needs other MIBS?

Thanks

Michael

sstrznwra

Hello

Netapp engineering knows the problem with Cisco FI 6400 Series  ICI-6859.

There is still no solution to this.

Public