Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Operations Manager 3.7 vs 3.8 reporting on NFS mounts

mbenson

I have OM 3.8 and I see a report called NFS exports under "Logical Objects\Volumes". A customer with 3.7 does not have that report so my question is did we just add NFS reporting or is it in another area? And in general...what is the best way to search based on key word for a report that might work?

3 REPLIES 3

RichardSopp

NFS reporting together with CIFS shares was added as a new feature with 3.8. This makes a lot of sense especially when you consider security requirements when automating the provisioning of storage with tools such as Provisioning Manager.

Not sure I understand you second question about searching? Are you referring to searching within the report or searching for a report / functionality that meets a certain purpose?

mbenson

Thanks for answering the first part of the question. I am very surprised it took so long...that is why I couldn't believe 3.8 was the first.

The second question was basically...how can I find a report based on a partial name. For example I didn't know where the NFS report was so is there any easy way to find it based on the key word "NFS".

Mark Benson

Enterprise Systems Engineer

NetApp

703-975-5407 Mobile Phone

mbenson@netapp.com

netapp.com

RichardSopp

Good question. I don't think the report names are indexed as part of the built in search function in the GUI but don't have access to my lab systems right now to test.

The only other way would be through the CLI and grep / find the key word out of the dfm report list output although this requires you potential keyword to be in the name or description of the report. For example Exports may just be used and no mention of NFS.

Otherwise see if one of the OM engineering folks responds to this thread with any ideas.

Public