Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Operations Manager 5.1: Group showing error without any actual error

KUBER_KATANA1

Hi Experts,

As the title suggest, I am running OCM 5.1 and one of the groups under Global is showing an error (black square under yellow circle). On the right hand side (on the Summary page) it says error.

When I click on it, it takes me to the events list. This comes up empty. As a part of my troubleshooting I have found that the error follows the 2 controllers inside that group.

Things I have tried:

1. Taken out the Controllers of the group. The group goes green after this and I found out that issue is following the controllers.

2. I tried creating a new group and added these 2 controllers which caused the new group as well to show Error without any actual error.

The error follows both the controllers as I have tried to work with one Controller at a time.

Both these are FAS6240's. Can I anyone tell me on how to proceed on this.

Cheers

PS: It's just the color of the group which is bothering me. Otherwise, everything else works fine.

6 REPLIES 6

adaikkap

Hi Kuber,

The Group status is based on the worst possible status of any object associated with the group. In your case the should be some events with severity Error associated with one of the 2 filers, but that event may have been deleted. This may be a reason why when you go to events page you see nothing.  Though the event has been deleted, but the condition because of which the event was triggered hasn't changed the status of the object remains the same. Because of which you are encountering what you described.  Check the events-history or event-deleted report to see if there are events associated with those 2 controllers and event condition remains the same.

BTW the group status is a visualization to tell you some thing that belongs to the group is being affected. If you are already attending to individual events you shouldn't care much about group status. In fact its practically impossible to have the group status as green unless your group is empty

Regards

adai

KUBER_KATANA1

Thanks for your reply, Adai.

There are 20 other controllers under DFM and if I see that in the Event history there are multiple errors/warnings/emergencies logged against those controllers as well. Why am I not seeing anything like this on those controllers? Is there a Bug etc.. because of which you are saying what you are saying.

I have never seen Ops mgr behaving like this in the past. But then again, that does not mean that it can't happen.

And yes the team monitors the Alerts periodically but as I said "It's just the color of the group which is bothering me. Otherwise, everything else works fine."

Thanks again.

adaikkap

A output of dfm report view events-history against the said controller would help.

Regards

adai

KUBER_KATANA1

Adai,

I ran events-history command next to the controller with the Error sign as well as the controllers without the Errors. Both shows History-Alerts !

Thanks

adaikkap

Hi Kuber,

I recommend you open a case with NGS so that they can do all data collection and figure out why the group shows up with error status. Sorry that I couldn't help you.

Regards

adai

KUBER_KATANA1

Thanks for your time on this, Adai.

Public