Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Ops Manager 5 support for Linux

shane_bradley

Any idea if this is on the cards? I'd like to upgrade a customer to 5, but given support only seems to be for windows hosts on this version i'm a bit stuck

11 REPLIES 11

shane_bradley

By support i mean client/browser support.

kjag

Hi,

If you are installing OnCommand 5.0 on a Linux server, the browser should be used from a windows based machine.  The OnCommand software does not provide browser support for Linux hosts.

You can install NMC in a Linux machine.

-KJag

shane_bradley

I know that.

The reason for the question is the customer in question is a Linux shop, there aren't any windows hosts to run up.  You can still access the DFM back-end of version 5 with a Linux based browser and we have NMC access, but without the wrapper its a bit fiddley

We currently run V4 with has browser support for Linux, i was just wondering if Linux support was on the cards at all for V5

adaikkap

The linux browser support is being added in the upcoming relase 5.1.

Regards

adai

f_duranti

Will 5.1 support creation/management of qtree in manually, externally created volumes?

We have some of those with quite a big number of qtree and migrating to a new volume provisioned by oncommand will not be so simple.

When it should be released?

Thanks

Francesco

Questo messaggio di posta elettronica contiene informazioni di carattere confidenziale rivolte esclusivamente al destinatario sopra indicato. E' vietato l'uso, la diffusione, distribuzione o riproduzione da parte di ogni altra persona. Nel caso aveste ricevuto questo messaggio di posta elettronica per errore, siete pregati di segnalarlo immediatamente al mittente e distruggere quanto ricevuto.

This communication may contain privileged or proprietary information for receipt and use solely by the addressee(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete and/or destroy it and kindly notify the sender.

Rispetta l’ambiente, se non è necessario non stampare questa mail

Please consider the environment before printing this e_mail

Kuwait Petroleum Italia SpA

00144 Roma, Viale dell’Oceano Indiano, 13 - Telefono 06 520881 Fax 06 52088655

Società con socio unico.Società soggetta ad attività di direzione e coordinamento della Kuwait Petroleum Corporation.

Sede in Roma - Capitale Sociale Euro 130.000.000 int. vers. - R.E.A. di Roma N. 73832 – Uff. Reg. Imprese di Roma e C.F. 00435970587 Partita IVA 00891951006

adaikkap

Hi Francesco,

Unfortunately this requirement did not make it for this release too.

Regards

adai

shane_bradley

Thanks for the response, any ETA on shipping for 5.1? We'd like to deploy but without client support it wouldnt go down well

arunchak

HI Shane,

OnCommand 5.1 Beta program has started. Check this link: https://communities.netapp.com/message/73291#73291

Thanks,

Arun

shane_bradley

Cheers,

shane_bradley

Hey

Is this still in beta? can we still apply for the program?

adaikkap

Hi Shane,

Yes, the BETA is still open., Also the release itself  is just around the corner.

Regards

adai

Public