Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Ops Manager disk threshold notification verification

pmonte

I have a customer asking the following:

I can set up disk thresholds so that when a user exceeds their threshold, they will get an email notification.  However, three days later when their disk space is still over the threshold I have no way of knowing if the email was sent.  Is there a log file somewhere that will show the email was sent to the user?  If not, do I have a way of being notified X days after a threshold has gone unresolved?

Is there anyone that can answer this?

Thanks.,

3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

Hi

Is there a log file somewhere that will show the email was sent to the user? 

Yes.You will find a log file named alert.log under /opt/NTAPdfm/log, if installed with default location else under <installdir>/NTAPdfm/log

The contents will be like this.

May 12 14:23:38 [dfmeventd: INFO]: [3364:0x6ffabb0]: alarm 1, event 83148, Aggregate Full on aggr0: sending email alert to user@domain.com. took 2 seconds

Where

alarm 1 is the alarm id.

event 83148 is the event id

Aggregate Full is the event name.

aggr0 is the object name.

user@domain.com is the email address set in the alarm.

If not, do I have a way of being notified X days after a threshold has gone unresolved?

Yes.Did you try setting up a repeat notification ?

[root@lnx]# dfm alarm create help

NAME
    create -- create a new alarm, triggered by particular events specified by the options

SYNOPSIS
    dfm alarm create [ -E <email-to-addresses> ] [ -F <page-to-addresses> ]
                [ -C <event-class> ] [ -A <admin-login-name> ]
                [ -P <page-to-admin> ] [ -T <trap-to> ] [ -s <script> ]
                [ -u <alarmScriptRunAs> ] [ -g <group> ] [ -h <event-name> ]
                [ -l <time-from> ] [ -m <time-to> ] [ -v <event-severity> ]
                [ -r <repeat-notify> ] [ -i <repeat-interval> ]
                [ -b <disabled> ]

[root@lnx]#

where -r <repeat-notify> as yes

and -i <repeat-interval> as the time after which if the condition of the event still persist send another alarm.

This can also be done from the webui by going Control Center->Setup->Alarm   Advanced Version.

Regards

adai

sheelnidhig

With this repeat-interval & notify option is set, will it generates the alarm again ?, if the event is manually removed my someone...

adaikkap

Yes. If the condition still exist, a new event will be generated and that would in-turn create an alarm.

Regards

adai

Public