Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Performance Advisor Processor Data

armandol

All,

I have a customer that has created custom processor reports within the NetApp Management Console to monitor processor statistics and they

have recently experienced a stop in the data collection or inconsistent data.In one scenario the processor utilization/busy custom report just stops collecting data for no apparent reason. In an another case the processor report will only graph data for one CPU and not the other. Prior to this week the reports were working just fine and nothing has changed in their environment.The customer is able to  view processor data from the Operations Manager Console

The data reporting issue is not consistent across all systems as only a few systems are experiencing the problem. The customer is running Operations Manager 3.8 with NetApp Management Console 2.3

Has anyone experienced this behavior? Any advice on how to troubleshoot this issue?

All help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6

lokeshs

Hi Armando,

Can you get some screenshots showing the problem? Please also get the server and client logs.

Regards

Lokesh

armandol

Will a DFM data collection work? Is there any where I can deposit the log files?

I will work on getting you the screenshots.

Thanks

armandol

Lokesh,

I have attached a screenshot of processor report as seen from the NMC.

I am still working on capturing the log files.

Thanks

Armando A. Lopez | professional services engineer |   | global support: 888-463-8277

office. 210-658-5294  cell. 210-421-7988  |   armando.lopez@netapp.com  | www.netapp.com

lokeshs

Hi Armando,

>>Will a DFM data collection work?

Yes please use that for server logs.

Client logs are in the Management Console installation directory.

Please refer to this wiki http://wikid.netapp.com/w/NGS_DFM/framedata/NGS_DFM_Data_Organization for directions to upload data.

~Lokesh

nagesha

Armando,

>>have recently experienced a stop in the data collection or inconsistent data.In one scenario the processor utilization/busy custom report just stops >>collecting data for no apparent reason.

I believe it is custom view created with processor counter 'processor_busy' please confirm? If so can you validate the data for this

custom view against the existing default view 'Processor Summary View’ for same time duration?

>>In an another case the processor report will only graph data for one CPU and not the other.

If the problem still persists, I can provide you the steps for troubleshooting this issue.

regards,

nagesh.

lokeshs

Hi Armando,

Were you able to get this data?

Regards,

Lokesh

Public