Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Poor performance - DFM database server

ITSSANSTORAGE

Hi guys, can anyone shed some light on DFM database performance? We have 14 filers being monitored via DFM / OnCommand 5.0.0 running on a VM (MS Windows 2008 R2 SP1 - 64bit, 4 vCPU's and 10GB RAM).

Whenever I delete events from the DFM database the dbsrv10.exe process ramps right up and more occasionally than not an alert is generated in DFM saying that the "Management station load is too high". DFM then pretty much is unresponsive for up to 10 minutes.

Has anyone else had poor performance issues with DFM / server. Does the DFM database require some kind of cleanup or tuning? Current size of monitordb.db file is 13.2GB. Any advice much appriciated. Cheers Ian

25 REPLIES 25

USMANBUTT

In task manager, when no vcpu is at 100%, I experience normal performance on the server. Whenever any vcpu is at 100%, its associated with the dbsrv11.exe process which is what makes me believe that its the database queries causing the slowness.

USMANBUTT

Also, I am seeing in the dfmserver.log that dfm is still trying to connect to vfiler's that were deleted a while ago. How would I go about stopping it?

Regards,

Usman

kaikapola

I've heard rumors that number of running DP jobs may be related to this issue. But how to collect number running DP jobs automaticly?

//KK

adaikkap

Hi KK,

Run this cli and do a count of it, dfpm job list -v jobs-running | wc -l

Regards

adai

markaroach

I'm having the same issue.  It looks to me like a disk queue issue.  The disk queue length for the disk with the databases frequently goes to 250.  Way, Way, Way too high when it should be 1 or less.

Public