Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Re: Poor performance - DFM database server

Hi Adai,

I was simply trying to point to the fact that we may be able to see which query is taking such a long time to execute by using the procedure in the symantec link of using the dbisqlc utility. Can you provide some guidance as how I could go about it? What credentials to use? I tried default sa with no password which didn't work.

I have verified that CPU contention is not being caused by CPU ready times %RDY or high co-stop %CSTP

Slowness is not necessarily only when editing existing datasets. It even occurs when I am adding new datasets and trying to add datastores from the data tab. Each dataset has 2-5 datastores max.

In task manager, when no vcpu is at 100%, I experience normal performance on the server. Whenever any vcpu is at 100%, its associated with the dbsrv11.exe process which is what makes me believe that its the database queries causing the slowness.

Hello Adai,

What do you means by : I suggest you to lower your events purge to 1month or so ?

There is a parameter to configure the purge of the event ?

Jerome

I've heard rumors that number of running DP jobs may be related to this issue. But how to collect number running DP jobs automaticly?

//KK

Hi KK,

Run this cli and do a count of it, dfpm job list -v jobs-running | wc -l

Regards

adai

I'm having the same issue.  It looks to me like a disk queue issue.  The disk queue length for the disk with the databases frequently goes to 250.  Way, Way, Way too high when it should be 1 or less.

Forums