Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Provisionning error while trying to configure a dataset with a mirror policy

yannick_n

Hello,

I am trying to setup a replication policy for four volumes.

I have configured a provisionning policy.

All is ok for two volumes but for the other two I have an error of sizing for the destination volume.

I don't understand why because a provisionning policy is in place and all is ok for two of my four volumes.

Here is the log of the check conformance tab :

Conformance Results

=== SEVERITY ===
Information: Successfully provisioned flexible volume for volume mirror destination volume name: backup_vol_esx_ds3_dr size: 2.58 TB on storage system: FASPRA02
=== ACTION ===
Provision flexible volume (volume mirror destination) of size 2.58 TB

=== SEVERITY ===
Information: Successfully provisioned flexible volume for volume mirror destination volume name: backup_vol_esx_ds4_dr size: 3.50 TB on storage system: FASPRA02
=== ACTION ===
Provision flexible volume (volume mirror destination) of size 3.50 TB

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to create relationship : source:FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3 destination: FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3_dr
=== ACTION ===
Create Relationship : source:FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3 destination: FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3_dr
=== REASON ===
- FASPRA02.abw.lan: destination volume too small; it must be equal to or larger than the source volume
- FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3: Error creating relationship to FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3_dr.

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to delete relationship
=== ACTION ===
Delete relationship
=== REASON ===
- Mirror_backup_to_PRA: Could not register backup version.

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to create relationship : source:FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4 destination: FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4_dr
=== ACTION ===
Create Relationship : source:FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4 destination: FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4_dr
=== REASON ===
- FASPRA02.abw.lan: destination volume too small; it must be equal to or larger than the source volume
- FAS02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4: Error creating relationship to FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4_dr.

=== SEVERITY ===
Error:  Failed to delete relationship
=== ACTION ===
Delete relationship
=== REASON ===
- Mirror_backup_to_PRA: Could not register backup version.

=== SEVERITY ===
Information: Successfully destroyed provisioned Flexible volume 'FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds4_dr'(1069) as part of rollback operation.
=== ACTION ===
ROLL BACK: Provision flexible volume (volume mirror destination) of size 3.50 TB

=== SEVERITY ===
Information: Successfully destroyed provisioned Flexible volume 'FASPRA02:/backup_vol_esx_ds3_dr'(1066) as part of rollback operation.
=== ACTION ===
ROLL BACK: Provision flexible volume (volume mirror destination) of size 2.58 TB

Can you please help me to find a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Yannick.

2 REPLIES 2

yannick_n

For workaround I have manualy created the destination SnapMirror, then initialized it and import it to my dataset...

But this way automatic resizing will not work.

I have seen another issue, a volume which was provisionned automaticaly in this Dataset was become larger and then the snapmirror stoped with a destination to small error...

So I have manually extend the volume with vol size command...

Is volume secondary sizing working in this version ? I checked the option and it is enabled.

Thank for your help.

Yannick.

adaikkap

Hi,

What is the version of OCUM that you are running ?

Is this dataset using simple mirror policy or back then mirror policy ?

Is autogrow enabled on the source volume ?

I think you are hitting this known issue bug 677951

Pls open a case with NetApp Support and add it to this issue.

Regards

adai

Public