Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Qtree counters in Netapp Harvest

moep

I am looking for Qtree counters in Harvest/Grafana.

In the template Qtrees are mentioned in the "workload" section. It is enabled by default but I can't find any corresponding counters in created in graphite.

7 REPLIES 7

madden

Hi @moep,

Qtree counters had some issues in cDOT due to bug id 922531.  This is fixed in 8.3.2 so if you are running that release its possible to get nfs_ops and cifs_ops metrics at the qtree level.  I did some inital poking around now and should be able to create an 'extra' for this level of detail.  Are you running 8.3.2 already?  If you are I can whip something up and provide....

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO

moep

Hi Chris,

thanks for the information, we are using 8.3.1 currently. Maybe you can keep it in mind for the next Harvest release.

tim_dicon

Hi Chris,

I'm moving our test and backup clusters to 8.3.2.p1very soon.  I'm very intrested in capturing qtree metrics ASAP after..  Any tweaks you can help me with is gratefully appreciated, as I'm looking at IO density and adaptive QoS.

Thanks, Tim

Franck_Bougerol

Hi,

I'm already in 8.3.2P1, and test your product, but the Qtree informations are not visible. Could you help me ?

We are also looking for Vfilers and Snapmirror counters.

Regards,

Franck Bougerol

Storage Architect on behalf on Airbus Company

madden

Hi,

I have created a qtree stats 'extra' package, tested in my lab, and it's now being tested by a couple of other admins.  Once I have confirmation it's working and counters are reliable I will share with the larger audience.  If you want to participate in the test let me know via a private message.

Cheers,
Chris Madden

Storage Architect, NetApp EMEA (and author of Harvest)

Blog: It all begins with data

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO or both!

LUKASPRELOVSKY

Hi Madden,

which counters are in your "qtree extra package" ? I would be happy with IOPs and Throughput statistics for my qtree's.

Regards,
Lukas

Best Regards,
Lukas

TechopsVendor

i am having trouble enabling the extra . step 3 i have no reference in my netapp-harvest.conf

for qtree iops

This 'extra' gives qtree stats and requires minimum Data ONTAP 8.3.2 and minimum NetApp Harvest 1.3.

1) Copy this archive to /opt/netapp-harvest on your poller server
2) Run "unzip qtree-cdot.zip"
3) Edit /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-harvest.conf and set your desired poller to use this new template
   in addition to the default collection by adding or editing in a key/value pair "template = default,cdot-qtree.conf"
4) Restart your poller using /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager -restart -poller <pollername>
5) Import the db_netapp-detail-qtree.json dashboard either using /opt/netapp-harvest/netapp-manager -import, or
   from the Grafana GUI and select the file
6) Observe in Grafana a new qtree dashboard has been loaded
[root@harvest1.netapp.ash1.cloudsys.tmcs /opt/netapp-harvest/extras]# cd grafana/
[root@harvest1.netapp.ash1.cloudsys.tmcs /opt/netapp-harvest/extras/grafana]# ls
db_netapp-detail-qtree.json
[root@harvest1.netapp.ash1.cloudsys.tmcs /opt/netapp-harvest/extras/grafana]# cp
Public