We are looking to create custom reports on performance and capacity for NetApp. After reviewing the instructions in TR-3960, we setup an ODBC connection and begun reviewing the DFM views available for reporting. However, even though you can export performance analysis data, much of the performance analysis data that is being collected is not being shown in the views. Couple of questions:
1. In what format/database is the performance analysis information being kept?
2. Is there a way we can query this information directly from a reporting tool or do we have to export it in order to get to the data?
3. If we setup custom fields such as for marking LUNs and Volumes by business unit, are these custom fields available in the views?
The problem I am finding is that not all of the information available in Performance Advisor is available using a reporting tool with ODBC connection to report off of the views. For example, the published and supported views only contain basic CPU busy information for filers and basic LUN level performance information. Unless I am missing something, I do not see a way to construct a report that can get to the following data:
* disk busy information over time
* disk IOPS information over time
* aggregate IOPS
* per CPU utilization
* Back to back checkpoints
* partial write information
Please verify that there is no way to report off of this information via ODBC with a reporting tool or using the "dfm database query run" command.
You cannot get the performance data via ODBC because it does not actually reside in the database. You will have to use the "dfm perf data retrieve" command to extract the performance data that you see in Performance Advsior. Hope that helps,