Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Reset admin password in OCUM 7.3

AlexPandian

Hello,

Our previous resource who left our organisation, unfortunately we don't have any documents or inventories about the out environment devices and utility which i took incharge now.

Recently located the OCUM installed server with no idea of what username and password to use to access the application.

Tried my domain account user name and password, same i used to access the OCUM installed server.

Tried using forgot password for admin username option under OCUM but no trace with which email is associated to

Tried command prompt "DFM user list" still no use.

ERROR AUTHENTICATION FAILED.Please login using " dfm cli login" command.

Is there any way i can make successfull login to OCUM application, current running version is 7.3

can someone please shed some light on this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

helge

If it is an OVA deployment you could use the change password option which is available on reboot.

If you have WIndows or Linux installment you need at least mysql access to find or change the maintenance user email. If you don't you need to get in mysql first without changing the root password permanently, otherwise you break the GUI connection. There are how-to's available in the www. create a new mysql admin and document it. Change the email and go out. Use the forgot password function to get back in.

I really hope you have an OVA... 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

helge

If it is an OVA deployment you could use the change password option which is available on reboot.

If you have WIndows or Linux installment you need at least mysql access to find or change the maintenance user email. If you don't you need to get in mysql first without changing the root password permanently, otherwise you break the GUI connection. There are how-to's available in the www. create a new mysql admin and document it. Change the email and go out. Use the forgot password function to get back in.

I really hope you have an OVA... 

Public