Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Restrict a category using LDAP

JamesIlderton

I would like to restrict a category using an LDAP group or users, but the UI only presents local users.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

@geringer @JamesIlderton

Be aware that a user will need to login to WFA before you can add them to a category

====

This is a major limitation and can totally defeat the purpose of restricted Category login. To overcme this, I've a solution. See here. 

Its a very simple workflow and works totally fine with sAMAccountName and UserPrincipalName. If you have any questions or need any variation, kindly post it on that thread.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

geringer

James,

You can use Microsoft LDAP integration to define groups in each of the role categories of "Administrator","Architect","Operator" and "Guest".  Select "WFA Configuration" in the "Administration" menu.  The configuration is setup in the "Autjentication" tab.  Be aware that a user will need to login to WFA before you can add them to a category.  This setup will allow you to use active Directory groups to manage user access to WFA roles only.

Mike

sinhaa

@geringer @JamesIlderton

Be aware that a user will need to login to WFA before you can add them to a category

====

This is a major limitation and can totally defeat the purpose of restricted Category login. To overcme this, I've a solution. See here. 

Its a very simple workflow and works totally fine with sAMAccountName and UserPrincipalName. If you have any questions or need any variation, kindly post it on that thread.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public