Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

SLO Workflow Pack - can we use it on existing volumes?

JamesIlderton

So I've configured the SLO Workflows to the point that I can provision new volumes using WFA that have a Storage Service Level assigned that can be enforced by the QoS service in WFA, but I ran into 2 major roadblocks:

1.  I can't seem to find a way to assign a Service Level Class (and thus the Storage Service Level Class, we're not using the Protection Service Level Classes yet) to my existing volumes.  I can see that I COULD use a regex expression to match ALL volumes to a standard SLC, but then if I run the workflow to change the SLC on this volume won't the regex still match?

2.  This ties directly into #1 - how can I report on what SLC is assigned to all my volumes?

If I knew where the SLC assignment was stored we could probably create some reporting around it, but as far as I can tell it's only stored in the WFA DB somewhere.  Anyone else using the SLO features that can shed any light?  I've asked our SE to look into the same and if he provides any insight I'll share it here as well.

2 REPLIES 2

abhit

Hi:

Which version of SLO pack are you using?

I will answer to this query depending on the version of SLO pack you are using:

I can't seem to find a way to assign a Service Level Class (and thus the Storage Service Level Class, we're not using the Protection Service Level Classes yet) to my existing volumes.  I can see that I COULD use a regex expression to match ALL volumes to a standard SLC, but then if I run the workflow to change the SLC on this volume won't the regex still match?

If you are engaged with Professional Services (PS), then do take help from them. 

Regards

Abhi

abhit

how can I report on what SSLC is assigned to all my volumes?

1. You can look into the "Move Volume(s) to different  Storage Service Level Class" workflow.

This is present in the "Service Level Provisioning" Category in the Portal.

2. Run the workflow.

3. Select the "SSLC" .

4. It will list the volumes in that particular SSLC. This is basically the report which you are looking for.

Please see the attached file.

Regards

Abhi

Public