Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

SNMP back to OnCommand/DFM/OpsManager

kleemola

I have my WFA instance configured to send traps back to my OC5.1 instance.  However, I am not seeing any traps.  Is there a WFA MIB to install?

Geoff

5 REPLIES 5

girirp

Hi Geoff,

You don't need any MIB.  Regarding OC 5.1 trap listener, is there any other application holding port 162? can you check OnCommand Events Page for warnings. If port 162 is bound to some other application DFM can't receive any SNMP traps.

In parallel, can you try with 3rd party trap listener (Eg., http://www.manageengine.com/products/mibbrowser-free-tool/download.html).

Enable all options under 'SNMP' tab (can be found in  Tools->Wfa configuration). Execute a simple workflow.

thanks

Giri

kleemola

Giri,

I can see the traps from my other netapp devices, but nothing from WFA.

Geoff

niels

AFAIK the OnCommand Core server historically only acts on SNMP traps originating from ONTAP storage controllers (and formerly NetCache appliances). It will disregard  SNMP traps coming from any other device.

regards, Niels

kleemola

That's what I thought.  Does anybody know if there are plans to have support for DFM to be able to see WFA's traps?

hill

Hi Geoff,

Good question.  The immediate answer is "No".  That said, I have passed your question onto some other folks that might now a bit more about the integration between WFA and OC UM 6.x, where I believe that capability will land.  More information to come when we learn more from the product / engineering teams.

Best,

Kevin

Public