Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Setting Export Policy on Qtree

paeddy

Hi,

I'm currently creating Workflows, to create a CIFS Share and an NFS Export.

In these Workflows it also creates a new Qtree.

Now I want to set an Export Policy on this new Qtree.

I saw, that when you want to create a new volume you have the option to add an Export Policy, but when you create a Qtree this option is missing.

Is there any way to set an Export Policy on a Qtree in WFA?

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

@paeddy

Simon,

I assume you are working with Clusterd DataONTAP and your WFA is on windows.

You need to create a new command for this.

1. Clone the existing "Create Qtree" command

2. Replace the code with the code as attached in txt file. I just added parameter Export Policy.

3. Press button "Discover Parameters"

4. Save the command and use it.

-----

This should fix the code part and it will work too. Only WFA dictionary table cm_storage.qtree doesn't have a row for Export Policy. Why? I don't know right now, its probably the designer choice. Or due to OCUM limitation.

This column in cm_storage.qtree can be helpful. This should give you advatnge of resource selection, reservation etc. So that would be complete solution for qtree with export policy.

If you want this, I can provide that too.

sinhaa 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sinhaa

@paeddy

Simon,

I assume you are working with Clusterd DataONTAP and your WFA is on windows.

You need to create a new command for this.

1. Clone the existing "Create Qtree" command

2. Replace the code with the code as attached in txt file. I just added parameter Export Policy.

3. Press button "Discover Parameters"

4. Save the command and use it.

-----

This should fix the code part and it will work too. Only WFA dictionary table cm_storage.qtree doesn't have a row for Export Policy. Why? I don't know right now, its probably the designer choice. Or due to OCUM limitation.

This column in cm_storage.qtree can be helpful. This should give you advatnge of resource selection, reservation etc. So that would be complete solution for qtree with export policy.

If you want this, I can provide that too.

sinhaa 

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

paeddy

sinhaa,

Thank you for your reply, this solved my problem!

I'm running WFA on Linux but that isn't a problem I just did the same thing as you in Perl.

Simon

Public