I'm tempted to say this is WFA 3.1P1 problem but maybe it isn't. Can anyone see anything wrong with this attempt to set a UI field ($dataType) to Type Enum, provide two choices (Prod or Test) then set the default value to Test. Notice in below that the Default Value box is red and will only clear and let me [OK] this without a default value. Lock Values, Mandatory, each enum choice on line or separated by commas, upper/lower case all seem to make no difference. The only thing that seems different to me is I upgraded to 3.1P1 a couple of days ago.
I have another UI enum field in this workflow that did not seem to have this problem ... i.e.; it had a default value that was accepted. I took out the default value, saved the workflow, then went back in to try and add-back the Default Value and it now behaves the same way.
I started development of this workflow in WFA 3.0P1 at which time I had added the other UI Enum with a default vallue. But now attempts to add a default value with 3.1P1 are failing.
Or does someone else see a problem.
This is easy to recreate w/WFA 3.1P1 : 1) create a workflow, 2) add a constant TEST_ENUM with $testEnum as it's value, 3) Go to User Inputs tab and attempt to set $testEnum to an Enum with a default value
I just tried it on my installation at 184.108.40.206.0-2879153, and had the same problem when I opened up an existing workflow that had an ENUM type, with a default value already set. I believe I built this workflow before I upgraded to 3.1.
I just noticed an additional piece of data on this problem. I noticed that the 'Default Value' field doesn't turn red until you type the 2nd character. So I chnaged my Enum list values to be 1-character in length, like: P for Prod and T for Test and made T for Test my 'Default VAlue'. All works fine in that case. Not an acceptable workaround but ... fyi/fwiw.
For now I'll declare this an OS X Safari browser related happening. From a test this morning (after also doing an uninstall/reinstall and DB-restore sequence) I am able to re-produce the problem with Safari (which is not a supported browser) but it works fine with Chrome.