Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

Re: SnapMirror Lag Thresholds per Relationship

So far I've had the same error on 9.3 and 9.5, so just downloading 9.6 to test on there too.  The output below is from 9.5.

clusc000::> snapmirror create -source-path clusb1h0:testvol -destination-path clusc1h0:testvol_clusb_sm -policy MirrorAllSnapshots -schedule int_5m -type XDP
Error: command failed: Schedule "int_5m" is an interval schedule. SnapMirror does not support interval schedules.

clusc000::> snapmirror create -source-path clusb1h0:testvol -destination-path clusc1h0:testvol_clusb_sm -policy DPDefault -schedule int_5m -type DP
Error: command failed: Schedule "int_5m" is an interval schedule. SnapMirror does not support interval schedules.

clusc000::> job schedule interval show int_5m
Cluster Name Description
------------- ----------- -----------------------------------------------------
clusc000
int_5m Every 5m

Sorry Paul. I should have been more diligent.

First, I did not create a new relationship, but I modified an existing one as I was too lazy to create a new one.

Also it was not a volume relationship, but an SVM DR relationship.

I tested again and verified your findings:

- create a new volume relationship --> interval schedules not supported

- modify a volume relationship --> interval schedule not supported

- create a new SVM DR relationship --> interval schedule was accepted (but is it indeed supported? Bug?)

- modify SVM DR relationship --> interval schedule was accepted (but is it indeed supported? Bug?)

Therefore it indeed looks as if interval schedules are not working for you.

Also I wuld be sure if OCUM would actually be able to correctly apply the thresholds as the lag between transfers would vary each time.

That leaves my first suggestion to create a more "sophisticated" schedule, which you rightfully said is just a "very long" schedule to define each start of a replication individually.

Sorry if I created confusion.

Kind regards, Niels

Phew, thank you for confirming you also see the same problem because I still had the error on my 9.6 sim! I've since been looking on the support pages to try see what I was doing wrong before raising a support case. No problems for the confusion, I'm glad it wasn't just me!

Hopefully this thread can be used as evidence to request an RFE with OCUM Product Management for SnapMirror Lag Thresholds per Relationship please? 

Hello Paul,

chiming in here too. This feature is not currently on the roadmap for ActiveIQ Unified Manager. I have raised an RFE. (1258908) for consideration by engineering. I have also briefly spoken to the PM. All of that said, this definitely won't make 9.7, which means 9.8/9.9 at the earliest! So you may want to try with those long schedules for those tricky individual relationships. You can play about with the "Advanced" schedule pane in "Schedules" in System Manager, it allows you to be very specific with Month/Day/Week/Hour/Minute, and these can definitely be applied to individual volume relationships. 

Let us know if this gives you a temporary workaround! 

Thank you very much Robert!

I'll have a look at the advanced schedules in System Manager too.

@paul2018  can you update thread and let us know if you got the solution?

Forums