Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Snapcreator WFA issue

JGPSHNTAP

Ok, my disclaimer, i'm very green with WFA, i'm much more familiar with PS toolkit ...

So, i'm playing with Snapcreator and WFA as we have a specific need for a snapshot  in some scenarios, but i'm struggling with getting it setup.

I imported the dar file https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-27317

I installed ps toolkit for snapcreator without issue on the wfa server. (checked module)

Whenever i launch the workflow, i'm prompted with the below errror (Attached)

Any insight into what i'm doing wrong would be great.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

sinhaa

This error is thrown because there isn't any table named "snap_creator_profile" created in scheme "Snap_Creator" as yet because there is no Data Source of this Scheme added and acquired. A new schema or the tables in that schema are not created in the WFA DB unless it run a Data Source acquisition at least once ( successful or failed).

I hope you have read and covered the prerequisites as mentioned in the doc.

So after importing the Dar in WFA, do the following:

1. Create a New Datasource of Type: Snap Creator - 1.2  from the drop-down menu of Type field and provide the credentials for your Snap Creator server.

2. Wait for the acquisition to be successful.

3. Now go to your workflow and execute. This time you won't see this error.

4. You can verify the schema and tables created and also the data acquired if you login to the WFA server using some mySql client with credentials (wfa/Wfa123)

Let me know if this worked for you.

-sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JGPSHNTAP

Ok, i'm stuck..   Please clarify this point,

"I hope you have read and covered the prerequisites as mentioned in the doc. "

What doc and what pre-req?

Also, my datasource add looks very different. We are running WFA 2.1

goodrum

This error happens when custom datasources are exported without being reset first.  It isn't a big deal but means that you have to take an extra step. 

1. Create a new Datasource using the SnapCreator Datasource Type
  2. Close the Datasource add window
  3. Edit the newly created Datasource
  4. Select the Scheme type (Snap_Creator) at the bottom and then click 'Reset Scheme'
  5. Hit Ok
  6. Select the Datasource and run the acquire again. 

This will force a recreation of the tables in your local WFA instance. 

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Twitter: @virtpirate

Blog: www.virtpirate.com

JGPSHNTAP

Pirate..

Ok, now i'm officially lost.. I See the snap creator scheme there from when I imported, but I don't see the reset scheme.  Also, I tried to create a new data source but failed miserably... 

goodrum

Ok, If you look at Sinhaa's screencap, you should see what I mean.  You said that you failed to create the datasource.  What happened?  Did it fail to complete because the tables didn't exist?  If that is the case then it is the same issue.  Edit the Datasource and look at the bottom (again reference Sinhaa's screencap) and select the Scheme Snap_Creator.  Underneath is a button to reset the scheme.  Once you do this, run acquire again and everything should work... or at least get you past the errors about the tables.

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

sinhaa

@This error happens when custom datasources are exported without being reset first.  It isn't a big deal but means that you have to take an extra step.

==

Correct. And this has been fixed in WFA 2.2

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JGPSHNTAP

WFA 2.2 is RC1, I can't install RC.

MARC_GALLOWAY

Can you install in your lab?

JGPSHNTAP

Ok, let me level set here.. my WFA knowledge is like a 0 🙂

Ok, so I went into designer mode and clicked data sources.  Found the snap creator data source and clicked "edit"

The screen capture is what I see.  That looks very different from the above post

JGPSHNTAP

Ok Ok.. I'm making progress.. I went into execution - data sources - Create new data source

I put in the information for our snap creator server and I enter their admin id and password. 

I followed the instructions above, did a reset schema and acquire now. 

status is still failed and the message I get now is "CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified"

goodrum
  1. Reattempt the acquisition and note the time
  2. Go to Administration > Logs > Wfa.log
  3. Look at that time frame and paste the messages here. 
  4. Do the same for Server.log and WFA_Acquisition.log

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

JGPSHNTAP

Ok, here is from the WFA log -  There's much more, but this is the gyst.  I've replaced the ip with 1.1.1.1.  Now just to confirm, when i created the datasource, I put the admin/password for snapcreator.

Also, if you're wondering why i want to try snapcreator, we are trying to roll out an enterprise tool to managed/replace a custom snapshot script that we then feed to ndmp backup

13:46:16,333 INFO  [com.netapp.wfa.job.backend.JobsExecutionInterceptor] (Thread-29810 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-2005906834)) Job CacheJob{, dataSourceId=DataSourceInfo{id=2, name='snap creator', connectionDetails=ConnectionDetails{id=2, ip='1.1.1.1', port=8080, userName='admin', password='******'}, dataProviderType=DataProviderType{id=9, productType='Snap Creator', productVersion='1.2', scheme='Snap_Creator'}}, schemeId=Scheme{id=6, name='Snap_Creator'}, dataSourceName='snap creator', schemeName='Snap_Creator'} started

13:46:16,458 DEBUG [com.netapp.wfa.common.stats.MethodInvocationStatsInterceptor] (Thread-29810 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-2005906834)) FAILED milliseconds=15 depth=3 class=ScriptBasedCommandExecutor method=executeScriptCommand:Snap_Creator parameters=[POWER_SHELL,600,{}]

13:46:16,521 DEBUG [com.netapp.wfa.common.stats.MethodInvocationStatsInterceptor] (Thread-29810 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-2005906834)) FAILED milliseconds=141 depth=2 class=CacheJobExecutorImpl method=execute parameters=[2693,CacheJob{, dataSourceId=DataSourceInfo{id=2, name='snap creator', connectionDetails=ConnectionDetails{id=2, ip='1.1.1.1', port=8080, userName='admin', password='******'}, dataProviderType=DataProviderType{id=9, productType='Snap Creator', productVersion='1.2', scheme='Snap_Creator'}}, schemeId=Scheme{id=6, name='Snap_Creator'}, dataSourceName='snap creator', schemeName='Snap_Creator'}]

13:46:16,536 ERROR [com.netapp.wfa.job.backend.JobsExecutionInterceptor] (Thread-29810 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-2005906834)) Job CacheJob{, dataSourceId=DataSourceInfo{id=2, name='snap creator', connectionDetails=ConnectionDetails{id=2, ip='1.1.1.1', port=8080, userName='admin', password='******'}, dataProviderType=DataProviderType{id=9, productType='Snap Creator', productVersion='1.2', scheme='Snap_Creator'}}, schemeId=Scheme{id=6, name='Snap_Creator'}, dataSourceName='snap creator', schemeName='Snap_Creator'} failed: com.netapp.wfa.cache.execution.CacheException: Failed running cache job - databases were dumped to D:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\tmp\wfa\localhost-wfa_staging#Snap_Creator-6560486066194879475.dump

goodrum

It looks like the job is failing immediately.  Yes, the username and password required is the one for the SnapCreator server.  This doesn't appear to be an issue with the credentials as you aren't even getting to that point.  The script failed to run after 15ms.  The error CreateProcess error=2 indicates that the process failed to find the script to run or failed to execute.  Since there were likely a bunch of things tested, I would suggest reimporting the DAR file which should overwrite the current files. 

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

JGPSHNTAP

Jeremy,

Ok, I back tracked a little.. I rebooted the server, reimported the module, and then I was prompted with snapcreator module not loaded properly.  So I downloaded the 4.1 toolkit and installed that.

Now, i'm getting prompted with the following error

An error occurred while making the HTTP request to https://WFAserver:8080/services/v1/EngineService/. This could be due to the fact that the server certificate is not configured properly with HTTP.SYS in the HTTPS case. This could also be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and the server.

Now, quick question, since this is our lab environment, snapcreator server is running on the WFA server as well, just a different port.  IIs that ok?

goodrum

Sorry for the delay.  So, running SnapCreator in the same host as WFA will work.  Have you tried to use HTTP instead of HTTPS?  Are you able to log into SnapCreator portal via HTTPS with no issues?  You might want to ping the SnapCreator communities if there is an actual problem with the SnapCreator toolkit.

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Public