Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Storage Efficiency Dashboard

keahey

I have installed this in my lab and started showing this to everyone and am getting a lot of interest in this.  One of the things that i would like to find out if there is a way that this type of information can be pulled from ASUP's and put into something like this.  As a member of the assessment team, we started using the Stoage Efficiency graphs on the Premium Autosupport site for each controller, but what we want to be able to do is provide that information to the customer as a global view like this dashboard does.  Is there anything that we can use to do this to roll that data up like this dashboard does? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
23 REPLIES 23

ogra

I did hear that US PS team had made a tool to do such kind of stuff.

Will pass on if I can find that one...

BrendonHiggins

Have a chat with this guy as he has some cool NDA toys you may want to play with, to resolve the issue.

http://communities.netapp.com/people/ravir

Hope it helps

Bren

ogra

keahey

Thank you so much for this.  That is one awesome tool.  Hopefully at some point, they will include the aggr show_space in the future so we can get that information in as well.

_

adaikkap

Version 1.3 is available for download. Which works with OnCommand 5.0 and 64bit machines.Below is the link to the same.

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/download/tools/omsed_plugin/

Regards

adai

madden

A few months ago I updated to OnCommand 5 64-bit version and observed the storeff plugin stop working.  I just updated to the 1.3 64-bit plug-in but it gives this error:

PS X:\script-plugins\dfmeff> .\dfmeff.exe

Path init paht X:/script-plugins/dfmeff/dfmeff.exe

Error opening the keystore: 2

Unable to load keystore.

Unable to free SQL environment.

PS X:\script-plugins\dfmeff>

Ideas?

dlynch

Did you uninstall the 1.2 version?

What OS?

madden

I had done an upgrade not a fresh install, but after reading your note I uninstalled and installed again but the same error persists.

Here is the output from dfm about:

PS X:\script-plugins\dfmeff> dfm about
Version                          5.0.0.7636 (5.0)
Executable Type                  64-bit
Serial Number                    1-50-000100
Edition                          Standard edition of DataFabric Manager server

Administrator Name               NLTESTLAB\administrator
Host Name                        SDT-DFM
Host IP Address                  10.64.31.52
Host Full Name                   SDT-DFM.nltestlab.hq.netapp.com
Node limit                       250 (currently managing 10)
Operating System                 Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2  (Build 7600) x64 based
CPU Count                        2
System Memory                    4095 MB (load: 28%)
Installation Directory           X:/Program Files (x86)/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM
                                 11.4 GB free (45.5%)
Perf Data Directory              X:/Program Files (x86)/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM/perfdata
Data Export Directory            X:/Program Files (x86)/NetApp/DataFabric Manager/DFM/dataExport
Database Backup Directory        X:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\data
Reports Archival Directory       X:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\reports
Licensed Features                DataFabric Manager server: installed

Installed Plugins                Storage System Config 6.5.1 (6.5.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.2 (6.5.2) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.3 (6.5.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.4 (6.5.4) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.5 (6.5.5) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.6 (6.5.6) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 6.5.7 (6.5.7) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0 (7.0.0.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.1 (7.0.1.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.2 (7.0.2) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.3 (7.0.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.4 (7.0.4) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.5 (7.0.5) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.6 (7.0.6) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.0.7 (7.0.7) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.1 (7.1.0.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.1.1 (7.1.1.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.1.2 (7.1.2.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.1.3 (7.1.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2 (7.2) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.1 (7.2.1.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.2 (7.2.2) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.3 (7.2.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.4 (7.2.4) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.5 (7.2.5.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.6 (7.2.6.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.2.7 (7.2.7) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3 (7.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3.1 (7.3.1.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3.2 (7.3.2) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3.3 (7.3.3) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3.4 (7.3.4) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3.5 (7.3.5.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 7.3.6 (7.3.6) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 8.0 (8.0) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 8.0.1 (8.0.1) - storage systems and vFilers

Storage System Config 8.0.2 (8.0.2RC1) - storage systems and vFilers

madden

Any updates?  The problem persists...

MARTIN_NETAPP

Hi Madden, If it makes you feel better Ive just tried installing the plugin and i get the same error. Its a fresh install with no legacy problems on a windows 2008r2 box.

REGIS_GARRUCHET

Hi,

I got the same error with version 1.3

Regis

dlynch

The error shows that the plugin is installed in the wrong location:

"Path init paht X:/script-plugins/dfmeff/dfmeff.exe".

All script plugins are required to be installed in the script-plugins directory under the DFM installation folder.  For a 64 bit DFM installation this would be in "C:\Program Files\NetApp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\script-plugins\dfmeff"

Can you recheck and reinstall if necessary?

REGIS_GARRUCHET

But what if DFM has been installed in another folder than the default one (or migrated using dfm commands, so the database, perfdata, etc are not in the program folder) ?

IMHO, in many customer environments, data files for DFM are not under Program Files...

Regis

dlynch

The dfmeff plugin is an executable program and as a plugin requires access to the dfm executable and libraries.  I must be installed in the correct path relative to the dfm's bin directory to function.  The location of the DFM database doesn't matter.  Not sure about the perfdata...

REGIS_GARRUCHET

OK,

To make this particular plugin to work, should we reinstall Oncommand in the default directory ? That won't be possible.

Does it mean, that if one customer installed oncommand in any other directory (in my experience, most customer I know do that because they don't want anything on c:), the plugin won't work ?

I can't understand this well, since the plugin is installed by DFM that knows where the plugin directory stands.

DFM calls the dfmeff.exe when scheduled, and dfm binaries are in the path, so they can be called by dfmeff.exe without any issue.

Regis

dlynch

It must be installed in the correct path relative to the dfm's bin directory to function.  So if the DFM bin is in X:\Foo\DataFabric Manager\DFM\bin then the plugin executable must be in  X:\Foo\DataFabric Manager\DFM\script-plugins\dfmeff.

REGIS_GARRUCHET

Ok, understood.

@ dlynch, thank you for the explanation.

I will have to check next time I go to this customer because I think it is in the right directory then.

Regis

hawkstar1

I have installed the plugin as per what you noted here and still get an error on running;

Path init paht e:/DFM/script-plugins/dfmeff/dfmeff.exe

I was wondering if the mispelling of 'paht' might be part of the problem but no matter what I have tried it will not run.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kenn

dlynch

Can you verify that the dfm executables are in e:/DFM/bin and libraries are in e:/DFM/conf?

hawkstar1

I replied via email, not sure if you got it but what I found is that my OnCommand is installed on a cluster.  The E: drive has all the shared files and folders as prescribed in the install instructions for installing on a cluster.  The bin and conf folders and files are on a 😧 drive on both cluster nodes.  When I go to add a script via operations manager, it puts it on the shared directory, not the install directory itself.  Is there some way to point it to the proper directory or config OnCommand to look at the shared drive / directories for scripts?

Kenn

Public