Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

SysMan 2.0.2 - Network Configuration Checker... where?

peter_lehmann

I've just installed the "fixed" (disabled) version 2.0.2 and was looking for this "Network Configuration Checker"...

Where can this be found? Anyone?

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

karthikv

System Manager homepage : Tools -> Network Configuration Checker

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

karthikv

System Manager homepage : Tools -> Network Configuration Checker

peter_lehmann

There it is... Thanks!

VKALVEMULA

hi

can you please let me know for Ver 2.0.1

amritad

The config checker is available in 2.0.2 only. Please download and install System Manager 2.0.2

REgards

Amrita

VKALVEMULA

any changes in 2.0.2 ( can you share the link where i can see the difference between 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 )

andersonch

Based on your comment "disabled" I am assuming that you cannot make changes to the network interfaces using version 2.0.2 correct?  I installed it and all the commands are greyed out and I can't find a single document on why.  Or do I have to run the network configuration checker first then its available? 

Thanks in advanced.

amritad

Hi,

For 2.0.2 we have disabled the functionality and we will be bringing this back in future releases. The release notes documents the issues. Network configuration checker can be run to figure out if there are any corruptions or other issues.

REgards

Amrita

andersonch

Thank you for the fast response.  I would hope that this would be back very quickly so small IT shops like mine can make changes without needing to learn how to modify the /etc/rc file using command lines. 

joker_morgan

Just two cents from a guy who has learned to love (well at least like) editing the RC directly and not working with gui's... I would try to learn to be somewhat comfortable with it.  Have run into many an issue with SM but when we do it ourselves things seem to go a lot better.

andersonch

It seems that NetApp is having a lot of issue when it comes to their GUI products.  I was suppose to have been sold a product that was easy to administer but I think I was duped.

joker_morgan

I am fine with the product… have been enjoying NetApp.. and I do think it becomes easy to manage once you give up on the GUI’s.

aborzenkov

Not in case of NetApp. If it were possible to perform all configuration using CLI, it would be fine. But unfortunately you have weird mix of commands and direct file editing. And direct file editing without front end to check for errors is always bad. It is just so error prone. And you need access to files. When you are facing system having only notebook and crossover cable, you often do not even have possibility to access files.

Not to mention that NetApp CLI is stone age. Really. Yes, after ten years you get to use it, but we are speaking about customers who have other tasks than learning it.

Show me consistent CLI with completion support and ability to make persistent configuration changes everywhere and I will wholeheartedly agree with you.

brauntvr2swiss

Hi Amrita

Does the "Network Configuration Checker" also check the HA config like the "HA Configuration Checker"?

regards

Thomas

karthikv

No. It does not check HA config. It only checks for networking related inconsistencies between the active system and /etc/rc file

-Karthik

brauntvr2swiss

Hi Karthik

Thanks for your answer

Thomas

Public