Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

System Manager 1.1P1

rle
NetApp Alumni

We have a  new System Manager 1.1P1.  You can download it at: https://now.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/systemmgr_win/1.1P1/.

It fixes these 2 burts:

414773 - During a LUN creation or the mapping change of an existing LUN, an existing 
         initiator group (igroup) will be deleted if the same igroup name is specified
         in the Add Initiator Host dialog.

404744 - System Manager allows lower or upper case iSCSI igroups names which can conflict
         with Microsoft practices.

- Rick -
6 REPLIES 6

sbotkin

Rick,

When can we get this loaded onto NOW as the default version of System Manager?

Thanks,

Steve

mwestermann

Hi Rick

at last Week I'm download the actual release from the System mananger 1.1 , there are posted on the Download-site from Netapp. There was nothing to see from the Release 1.1P1 !!!.

At Thuesday in this week, I'm created a new LUN in new Volume on my Filer and the Filer lost the igroup !!! Finaly the ESX-Server lost there Lun's and my 90 VMServers are stopping!!!

(We are Hosptialgroup in Germany and we works 365 days by 24 hours!!!)

Can anyone explain to me can happen like that? On the official website of Netapp download the version is 1.1 for the disposal and here in this comunity I find the version 1.1P1 with the description this bug

Here my Case : 2001552827

Greetings from Germany

Michael

Darkstar

Seriously, that's why I wouldn't recommend using System Manager in highly critical scenarios (like hospitals). It makes it so easy to trash your config.

Especially annoying is the fact that the iGroups are not stored in the root volume and cannot be brought back from snapshots.

Always use SnapDrive to provision LUNs if at all possible, it is much more safe to use in my experience (from lots of different users/customers)

It's really sad because the System Manager actually looks rather nice on first glance...

-Michael

aborzenkov

Especially annoying is the fact that the iGroups are not stored in the root volume and cannot be brought back from snapshots.

Hmm ... do you know, where there are stored?

Darkstar

They are stored directly in the aggregate, where the licenses and some other stuff is stored too.

-Michael

Public