Just upgraded to System Manager 2.2 RC1 but keep getting an error when I try to run it.
Strange thing is I got this error with version 2.0.2 because I had installed Java 7. I resolved it then by removing java 7 and installing Java 6. However, version 2.2 requires Java 7 and wont install without it. I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64 w/ Java 7u17. I have both 32 & 64 bit Java installed.
Thanks for the input, however, the error I get prevents the browser from opening. Besides, I've configured System Manager to use firefox, not IE10. If you noticed, I actually participated in the first thread you've linked to. Had issues running 2.0.2 on Windows 8, which I resolved by removing Java 7 and installing Java 6, as I've mentioned in my post here too.
I have tried 2.2RC1 with Java 7 32-bit, 64-bit, and both 32 & 64-bit installed, but still no luck. I've manually changed the browser to use through the config file, but still not luck. It appears to be a Java error, so I'm wondering, might I need an earlier update of Java 7? Say, update 10 or something?
As none of these are working, lets start over with a check list:
1. Adobe flash 11 or later?
• Internet Explorer 8.0 and 9.0 (for Windows)
• Internet Explorer 10.0 in compatibility mode (for Windows)
• Mozilla Firefox 15, 16, 17, and 18 (for both Windows and Linux)
• Google Chrome 23 and 24 (for Windows)
3. JRE 7 (VersionI am running is 7 update 5 (64 bit)
4. Enable HTTP on filer --> httpd.admin.ssl.enable
5. Did you manually specify the port for the Jetty Web server during the System Manager installation? If so you must ensure that the selected port is not used by another application whenever the System Manager application is launched.
4. Yes, this is enabled on all the filers I work with, though I'm not sure how this would affect system manager not starting up on my PC??
You are correct, I just want to know if that was enabled or not.
Continuing to discussion:
I have installed on my windows 7 and it works just fine, still thinking what can be done differently. I am unable to reproduce the same error, so I need to throw out different options at you and so please don't mind.
Can you please completely remove java from you system, restart and install JRE in a different location?
Also is it possible to uninstall AV firewall? if it is ur personal computer and not a company work station.