Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Trying to copy and modify "Create Volume" ... does not work for me.

ScubaRich

I'm trying to copy so I can later modify "Create Volume" in the workflow  "Create, map, and protect Clustered Data ONTAP LUNs with SnapMirror" and no matter what I try the newly saved "Create Volume" - even though I've tried to make it identical to the original it just fails to work.  I undertand that no filters match, but I can't find what has changed to make the filters not match. 

I get the error:

Workflow aborted.
No results were found. The following filters have returned empty results:
Filter Storage Virtual Machines by service
Filter Storage Virtual Machines by key
Filter Storage Virtual Machines by Storage Virtual Machine type
Location: 'Create volume' command > 'Volume' tab > 'primary_volume' variable > 'vserver' property

I have no idea why it does this...I'm not changing anything that I'm aware of.  

Using WFA 4.0.0.0  

Anybody have any ideas?   Any thoughts whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

-R

3 REPLIES 3

karale

When you say copy, are you creating a new command and try to make it identical or simply did clone of the original command?

Any reason why you are using "Filter Storage Virtual Machines by service" filter? It can be used only after SLO pack is configured.

More details on what exactly you did and trying to achieve might help is providing inputs.

ScubaRich

Thanks for looking.   I've tried to document the process I'm following ... every step. 

1. Open WFA 4.0.0.0 and switch to the Desginer tab.
2. Select "Create, map, and protect Clustered Data ONTAP LUNs with SnapMirror" - one of the built in WFA workflows.
3. Clone it and call it "MyWFCopy".  Short name for simplicity.
4. Can test here if desired and it works just like the original.
5. Switch to the Portal tab and open "MyWFCopy"
6. At this point I want to modify "MyWFCopy" to pass in another parameter that allows me to specifiy the size of each LUN to be created.  So I'll make a simple string and pass in a comma separated list of numbers which I'll then parse up in Perl to do the work.  That's the plan anyway.  Remember the number of Luns in this workflow is dynamic - it might be 1, 5, or 10, etc.
7. Modify Workflow Step 1, "Create volume" to accept another parameter by editing "Create Volume" and then "Save" which results in a message that says "You cannot edit a NetApp Certified Command, choose 'Save As...' instead.   
8. Save As "MyCreateVolume"
9. Find my new "MyCreateVolume" under "cm_storage" and drag into into the work flow as the new first step.  
10. Modify all the parameters in "MyCreateVolume" to match "Create Volume" exactly.  During this process you can't name the new "Create Volume" because the name is already used.  You can call it "Create Volume 2" and then rename it later.  Renaming it will cause a window to up that asks about "Updating References".  I've tried "Yes" and "No".
11. Remove the original "create Volume" from the workflow because I now have my identical version which I'll add the parameter to.  
12. Test, just to make sure everything is ok.

Workflow aborted.
No results were found. The following filters have returned empty results:
Filter Storage Virtual Machines by service
Filter Storage Virtual Machines by key
Filter Storage Virtual Machines by Storage Virtual Machine type
Location: 'Create volume' command > 'Volume' tab > 'primary_volume' variable > 'vserver' property

13. Scratch head at test failure.  

Are these workflows intended to be modified in this nature? 
Appolgies for my N00B questions...but I'm just lost at this point.  Replaceing the original create volume with my version disconnects something and I'm all out of ideas on where to look.

-Rich

rkiran

1. in the original Workflow, click on the create primary colume command instance (instance name is primary_volume)

2. In Volume tab, vserver field, select 'Automatically searched'

3. Compare the parameters of the Finder 'Find Storage Virtual Machine by key, type,...) with your cloned command instance and see if everything matches.

Public