Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Unable to restart wfa on Linux

prasadkm0204

sudo ./wfa.pl --restart
Password:
Stopping wfa-server: [ OK ]
wfa-db server PID file could not be found! [FAILED]
Starting wfa-db.The server quit without updating PID file ([FAILED]A/wfa/mysql/data/wfa-db.pid).
Starting wfa-db.The server quit without updating PID file ([FAILED]A/wfa/mysql/data/wfa-db.pid).
Starting wfa-server: [ OK ]
-bash-4.1$

I recently installed the linux version and it was working fine until I attempted to restart.

Now the db isn't coming up as a result of which I am unable to login.

Can you please help resolve this.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

asulliva

Check in /var/log/wfa and see what the logs are reporting when you try and start the service.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

prasadkm0204

sudo /sbin/service 'wfa-db' restart
Password:
Stopping wfa-server: [ OK ]
wfa-db server PID file could not be found! [FAILED]

asulliva

Check in /var/log/wfa and see what the logs are reporting when you try and start the service.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

prasadkm0204

Thanks. That helped.

Issue

--

2015-10-08 16:00:40 26796 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't change to run as user 'wfa' ;  Please check that the user exists!

I wasn't aware that WFA requires a userid - wfa to be on the system.

We have a internal process that takes care of account mgmt that erases any non-standard accounts.

I'll figure out how to get wfa on it. But meanwhile, this resolved the issue for me.

-Prasad

harikesh

Could you share contents of the file /var/log/mysqld.log and could you please verify if there is no mysql process on the system, after you have tried restart.

Public