Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

WFA - Can't Reference Value in Table

lil_baby_james

I'm still new to WFA, so this question probably has an obvious answer I'm overlooking, but I'm trying to grab a value out of a table comprising three columns: Aggr, Cluster, SVM. I've tried referencing them using the following ways:

$table:column

getValueAt2D($table, row, column)

getValueAt($table, index)

getColumnValues($table, column)

...and a plethora of other ways. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong; my coworker's workflow can locate the resource in his table using getValueAt2D(), and since I've tried copying it verbatim, I'm really stuck.

Here is the error it's throwing:

Failed to evaluate resource selector. Illegal expression: getValueAt2D($table, row, column) ...or whatever other function I happen to use to try and evaluate the value.

Appreciate the help.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: WFA - Can't Reference Value in Table

sinhaa

@lil_baby_james

Kindly post your workflow exported in .dar file. Designer issues are difficult to pin-point with only explanations.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

lil_baby_james

Thank you for your reply. It looks like the reason for this error was that I was populating a field with a default value, because when I manually input my values, it stopped throwing the error. Kind of frustrating that WFA behaves like this sometimes...

sinhaa

@lil_baby_james

If it has worked for you, fine then. But WFA doesn't behave in any random manner, there is a logical explanation to every error thorwn.

If you had provided your workflow, I would have been able to give the convincing reasoning. Like I said, designer issues are difficult to debug just with words, the possibilities are too many.

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

lil_baby_james

Table.PNG Thanks for your replies. Now that you mention it, it would be good to know why it behaves in this manner. When using the create export rule command, I have this table to evaluate some of my values with. The Client and Policy field is a string, and the rest are enumerations. When the Policy field is populated with a default value it gives me the illegal expression error, but when I type it manually, it executes normally. Thanks.

sinhaa

@lil_baby_james

You need to provide the exported workflow .dar file. The picture is not enough

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public