The data source form my OnCommand Unified Manager (5.2 7mode) seems to be setup correctly gives a "Completed" return message when it runs. However when I changed a Qtree quota size limit on the filer and ran a acquisition, the workflow dropdown for the qtree still shows the old Qtree limit size. Realizing that DFM has to poll the filer to get the updated information, I tested DFM connect to the filer which was good. I also waited a few days as I was not sure of the polling interval for DFM for qtree information. I am very new to WFA server and need some suggestions on how to trouble shoot this problem.
Hummm. One thing I've noticed is inside the 7-Mode data scheme there are separate tables for qtree and quota. They both have fields for a disk_limit_mb. They are called:
In the qtree table there is a field called: disk_limit_mb
In the quota table there is a field called: hard_disk_limit_mb
I'm not entirely sure why both exist. For a couple of qtrees I'm looking at both fields have the exact same values. I might have thought that the quota table reflected what was in the /etc/quota file and I wouldn't have suspected to see anything like a disk_limit_mb field on the qtree table itself ... since qtrees don't really hold 'quota limit' information, because instead it is really in the /etc/quota file. So my guess is the value in the qtree table is just a copy of that same thing that is in the quota table ... just included b WFA engineers since it is so common for folks to put disk limits on things and it saves writing tricky SQL if it is also just right there in the qtree table.
I suspect the workflow you are looking at (actually, I know 🙂 uses the disk_limit_mb from the qtree table. When you say you changed a quota size on the filer does that mean you edited the /etc/quota file?
Here are some things I would think of to try and look into:
- I wonder if turning quotas off/on on the volume is required for the change to show up
- don't forget to force a OCUM polling update (filer->OCUM), wait a bit, then force a WFA acquire (OCUM->WFA)
- If you can, peek at the data dictionary tables inside WFA to look at both qtree and quota tables
I did a "Refresh Monitoring" on the OCUM server for the controller in question. I then ran the OCUM Qtree report and it listed the qtree with the correct disk_Limit. I then ran the aquire on the WFA server, but the qtree disk_limit size did not update in the WFA Cache_dB.
Re: WFA DB information not updated after successful acquisition
This problem seems like the "aquire" is failing even though the Job Status show complete with no error messages. I looked at the wfa_acquisition.log, wfa.log, and server.log and they all give warnings when the "aquire" runs that says:
2014-05-16 16:28:43,053 INFO [com.netapp.wfa.cache.job.CacheJobExecutorImpl] (Thread-9484 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-1319482573)) Acquisition job 15439 - 6 warnings - Duplicate rows found for cache table 'storage.interface', Columns:
It goes on to list the 6 pairs of duplicate entries. It then says it is complete: