Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

WFA - vSphere 6 support

RenaudTouillet

Hi all,

I'm really new to WFA and I'm trying to add my vCenter 6 to WFA 3.1.0.0.1P1 to start testing it. But, when I try to add it I have the following error:

Incorrect string value: '\xA0Serve...' for column 'os' at row 1

On the datasource settings, I can select only "VMware vCenter  - 5.0.x, 5.1, 5.5" so I guess vSphere 6 is not supported. Was someone able to add a vSphere 6 as a datasource? Or anyone knows when it will be supported?

Thanks.

Renaud

3 REPLIES 3

asulliva

Hello Renaud,

There is a vSphere 6 datasource in the Storage Automation Store.

Hope that helps.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sinhaa

Hi Renaud,

This problem is NOT due to your VMWare vCenter being 6.0. This error is throw by mysql for column 'os' for table vc.virtual_machine which is of type string and due to some reason the column 'os' is being retured as a non-stirng value. So I suspect that you have a Virtual Machine with an OS which is returning non-string characters. WFA hasn't encountered this kind of OS till now. We need to handle this case.

Now to root cause this, can please you help me with the following info:

1. Run your Vmware VC Datasource acquistion and let it fail with the error as you are getting. Its its already in a failed state, you may skip skip this step.
  2. Go to WFA\jboss\standalone\tmp\wfa directory. There will be a file Virtual_Machine.csv . I would need that file. You can post it here or send it to me by email : sinhaa at netapp dot com

VMWare vCeter 6.0 Data Source is available on Automation Store, but right now its broken. So I would not recommend you to try that right now. The fixed one will be published very soon. You can wait for it or I can give you a fix locally.

warm regards,

Sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION and adding a KUDO. KUDO allows your favourite authors to remain in top-author's list.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sinhaa

Hello Renaud and everyone,

The new VC6.0 Data source type version 1.1.0 is published here

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public