Data Infrastructure Management Software Discussions

What happened to cable and shelf view in ActiveIQ ConfigAdvisor?

Trying to find the shelf and cable view and I'm having a hard time trying to find it.  Was it removed, or am I missing it?

TasP

8 REPLIES 8

Re: What happened to cable and shelf view in ActiveIQ ConfigAdvisor?

Nope, still there! Visualization - Cable Visualization

Please DM or email me the serial numbers/hostnames you're looking for and I'll confirm if you wish

I think you may be referring to the online version, which is not available to dark sites.

I am referring to the downloadable tool.  I cannot find where it may be, in the latest release.

TasP

Ah, I apologise, yes I am. I will ask someone to confirm - I haven't used the current version for a while.

You're looking for the "Visualization" or "Configuration" button like this:

screenie 2019-10-25 at 1.55.07 PM.pngClick Visualizationscreenie 2019-10-25 at 1.55.18 PM.png

Is that what you're looking for?

No.  I cannot use the online tools, because I am in a dark site.  I was referring to the offline downloadable tool.

TasP

By default, the Visualization and Device Details features are disabled. You can re-enable them by clicking on Settings in the upper-right hand corner of the Config Advisor browser window, and then checking the "Enable Visualization and Device Details" checkbox, and then clicking Save. 

You'll have to re-run your collection after that to collect the visualization details.

Sorry about that, Donny is correct however.

screenie 2019-10-25 at 2.58.06 PM.pngscreenie 2019-10-25 at 3.06.28 PM.png

Thank you Donny.

Forums