Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

What is the difference between "Export All" and a "Database Backup"

korns

Someone asked me and I'm not 100% sure of the answer.

My guess is "Export All" only exports Workflows, Commands, Finders, Filters, Functions, etc (i.e.; everything under the Designer tab) and does not include things under Execution tab such as: Credentials, Data Sources, Users, Where-as a Database Backup includes everything (and a restore replaces the complete environment with the backup).

Right or wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adaikkap

Hi Dave,

You are right. It can also be stated as below.

Export All > Exports all USER CREATED CONTENT ( and not those shipped out of the box ie certified contents) under the DESIGNER Portal which is nothing but workflows and its building blocks (ie Workflow, Finders, Filters, Commands, Templates, Functions, Dictionary Entry, Custom Data Source )

Database Backup > Includes everything ie, DESIGNER, EXECUTION and WFA Configurations

What each portal contains

DESIGNER: Workflow, Finders, Filters, Commands, Templates, Functions, Dictionary Entry, Custom Data Source

EXECUTION: Execution Status, DataSource Configurations, Reservations, Credentials Users

ADMINISTRATION: General WFA Configurations

Hope this helps.

Regards

adai

Thanks to Abhi Thakur for bringing in the clarity on Export ALL. Only User Created and not those certified.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

adaikkap

Hi Dave,

You are right. It can also be stated as below.

Export All > Exports all USER CREATED CONTENT ( and not those shipped out of the box ie certified contents) under the DESIGNER Portal which is nothing but workflows and its building blocks (ie Workflow, Finders, Filters, Commands, Templates, Functions, Dictionary Entry, Custom Data Source )

Database Backup > Includes everything ie, DESIGNER, EXECUTION and WFA Configurations

What each portal contains

DESIGNER: Workflow, Finders, Filters, Commands, Templates, Functions, Dictionary Entry, Custom Data Source

EXECUTION: Execution Status, DataSource Configurations, Reservations, Credentials Users

ADMINISTRATION: General WFA Configurations

Hope this helps.

Regards

adai

Thanks to Abhi Thakur for bringing in the clarity on Export ALL. Only User Created and not those certified.

adaikkap

Dave,

Unfortunately the documentaion for the same is as well missing in the Online Help.

I have filed a defect for the same to capture it in the subsequent release.

If you are interested, the defect number is 829719

Regards

adai

abhit

Export All --> Exports all the user-created content.

DB Backup -->It Backs up the current database, which contains

both configuration and cache information.

Regards

Abhi

Public