Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Workflow for VSC SnapMirror from primary to DR and then SnapVault from DR copy for longer retention

stephans

Greetings!

I'm looking for a way to SnapVault the SnapMirror destination that was updated by the Virtual Storage Console.  Data currently traverses the WAN from the primary site to the DR site.  We need to manage the retention on the DR side (meaning that the data can't traverse the WAN again for vaulting.  Anyone have any workflows built for this already?  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Stephan

4 REPLIES 4

bdave

If you're signed up for the WFA 2.1 beta program, there is an example workflow that creates a SnapMirror then SnapVault cascade.

stephans

Sounds like you are signed up for that beta - any idea if the example workflow will pick up the latest SMVI snapshot for the vault?  Protection Manager has the cascade, the trick is to integrate with VSC/SMVI...fingers crossed the example handles this as it would make life much easier (or at least more supported).  Thanks much for the reply!

TerryMcCoy

I am looking for that part as well would like to vault the snapshots that VSC creates to a snapvault secondary filer

ESYNODINOS

Hello ... I am too interested in a couple of workflow examples.  I am waiting to hear from my customer's specific requirements but WFA was identified as the only possible driver for this solution.

I will be following this thread and once i get more specifics, i will post here.

Thank you.

Public