Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Workflow to create Home Directories using Integration between ServiceNow and WFA using REST APIs

Rutul

Hi,

I have created the workflow which can create multiple home directories on storage for Users. This workflow creates CIFS shares on Qtree based on text in the text files for multiple users. 

Save 2 files on VM which runs WFA in document folder. credentials.txt and config.txt Check these files in attachments. 

I have implemented script which can talk to ServiceNow and WFA both.This script is implemented in perl programming language to integrate ServiceNow and WFA. I have used REST APIs of ServiceNow and WFA to access and transfer the data. We can access any table of ServiceNow instance using the instance URL and credentials in JSON or XML format.But the user should have the permission to access the perticular table.

To run my WFA workflow the logon names of the users who wants to create home directory needs to be given as input.

So this perl script can access incident table(contains Incidents) of ServiceNow and filter the short_description field of ticket and sends the output values to WFA workflow as inputs.

I have attached .dar file and .pdf document with pre-requisite information before running the workflow or perl Script. I will update this post with .exe of perl web service soon. If you have any questions then update here.

There are many things need to be improved.Suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks,

Rutul Shah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rutul
Hi I have attached the config input files and perl script file which can integrate WFA and ServiceNow. Input Config files: authentication.txt , workflow_input.txt Integration Script file : IntegrationScript.txt

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rutul
Hi I have attached the config input files and perl script file which can integrate WFA and ServiceNow. Input Config files: authentication.txt , workflow_input.txt Integration Script file : IntegrationScript.txt
Public