Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

dfm management console on Mac OS X?

evilensky

Has anyone successfully run the dfm management console on Mac OS X?  I've got the 1.5, 1.6, 32-bit and 64-bit JREs installed, trying to unpack the Linux distribution and run the .jar directly.  Just wondering if anyone has tried this with any degree of success?

9 REPLIES 9

adaikkap

Hi Evilensky,

NMC is supported on Linux and Windows, and not in Mac OS.

Regards

adai

evilensky

Hi adai,

Thank you for the definitive word.  I was more curious if anyone has been able to launch it at all, without support.  If I may, is there a channel to request, not even support, but just that the startup scripts launch?  Mac OS X is a pretty common platform in US education and *nix administration.

-Ev

adaikkap

Hi Ev,

I don’t think so if you can install as the installer in the first place wouldn’t be Mac compatible.

If there is requirement get it touch with the product manager.

At least till now we haven’t got request for MAC support for NMC since 2007 when it was first released with Protection Manger.

Regards

adai

PEBERTELS

Have to agree it would be very nice to have an OSX compatible version.. that is the ONLY thing that held me back from using MAC...wonder if NetApp will ever release it.. or at least provide support for an install.. guess if we really want it we are left to DIY...

neric

I was just lamenting the lack of OSX support the other day myself.  I'll see if there is an RFE in place.  If not I'll create it.

pardini

+1

pardini

I was successfully able to install and use the management console 3.1 inside of winebottler. Still testing though...

adaikkap

Hi Mathew,

Pls keep in mind that this is not a supported configuration even if you make it work. As support would not honor this if you open a case with them.

Regards

adai

bschramm

NOT SUPPORTED; HOWEVER, SEEMS TO WORK:

How to run NetApp Management Console (NMC) on OS X (not supported)

• Install Linux NMC on Linux host
  • Copy “/usr/lib/netapp/management_console/<release>/” folder to your Mac
  • Edit nmconsole file to only contain (2 lines):

#!/bin/sh

/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -splash:images/netapp/splash-netapp.png -Xms25m -Xmx512m -classpath lib/jpf-boot.jar -Dversion=3.3RC1 -Dvendor=netapp org.java.plugin.boot.Boot  > /dev/null

• Run via Terminal ./nmconsole
  • I used Platypus to package this into an app I could launch via Finder
  • Please note JRE/JDK 1.6 is required as reflected in nmconsole above
Public