Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

how to work with Provisioning Manager?

KARTHIK_BHANDARKAR

Hi ,

Can anyone Please tell me wheather there is any command line Interface(CLI) for provisioning manager.If it works with CLI, where will I  get the commands to work with .

With Regards

Karthik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

Hi karthik,

Welcome to the NetApp communities and thanks for showing interest in Provisioning Manager. Provisioning manager has a fully fucntional CLI.

Try the command "dfpm help" and see the help manuals for using Provisioning manager commands. Alternately read through the man-pages for dfpm.

If you have any specific requirements, any task you are attempting to, you can post it here on communities and you shall be provided with help.

warm regards,

Abhishek

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sinhaa

Hi karthik,

Welcome to the NetApp communities and thanks for showing interest in Provisioning Manager. Provisioning manager has a fully fucntional CLI.

Try the command "dfpm help" and see the help manuals for using Provisioning manager commands. Alternately read through the man-pages for dfpm.

If you have any specific requirements, any task you are attempting to, you can post it here on communities and you shall be provided with help.

warm regards,

Abhishek

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

KARTHIK_BHANDARKAR

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to get some info from internet and found some commands which I have mentioned below

can you pls tell me whether these commands exits to work with CLI.

find-aggregate-details-  To find the available aggregates

find-lun-info:  To display the already exixting LUN's

find-igroup.

create-igroup

add-initiator-to-igroup.

map-lun-to-igroup.

Actually  i am not having access to CLI right now so just want to verify whether the commands mentioned are the correct.

With Regards

Karthik

tanzim

Hi Karthik,

Please find mentioned below the corresponding provisioning/operations manager commands for the tasks mentioned by you :

• To find the available aggregates : "dfm aggr list"
  • To display the already exixting LUN's : "dfm lun list"
  • To display available igroups : "dfm igroup list"
  • The last 3 igroup tasks are combined during provisioning for which the command is :

dfpm dataset provision  [ -d <description> ] -n <name> -s <data-size>  [ -i <initial-snapshot-size> ] [ -M <maximum-data-size> ] [ -x <maximum-snapshot-size> ] -e <export-protocol> -I <initiators>  [ -O <os-type> ]   <dataset-name-or-id> [ <resource-name-or-id>

, where -I is a comma-separated list of iSCSI initiator-ids

Do let me know if i've missed out on any details you may be looking for.

Regards,

Tanzim

KARTHIK_BHANDARKAR

Hi Tanzim,

It was really helpful. thanks.

But i have got some more doubt. In the dfpm dataset provision  -n <name> command ,how will i specify the name for volume, Lun ,Cifs shares and NFS exports.

1)If suppose i m creating volume should i enter dfpm dataset provision  -n vol_test or should i enter in this format dfpm dataset provision  -n  /vol/vol_test.  And also how it will be for Lun,cifs and NFS.

2) what is the command to create qtree .

Thanks and Regards

Karthik Bhandarkar

sharu

Hi Karthik

Please find below the usage of dfpm dataset provision;

dfpm dataset provision

[ -D ] [ -d <description> ] -n <name> -s <data-size>

-e <export-protocol> [ -v <nfs-protocol-version> ]

[ -r <read-only-hosts> ] [ -w <read-write-hosts> ]

[ -t <root-hosts> ] [ -N <Yes | No> ] [ -a <anon-user> ]

[ -S <security-flavors> ]

[ -m <cifs-domain> ] [-p <user[:right..> ]

<dataset-name-or-id> [ <resource-name-or-id> ]

You will have to specifiy the protocol that you want to enable on the provisioned member [nfs/cifs] for the '-e' attribute.

To answer your query regarding volme provision, the command is

ans 1) dfpm datset provision -n vol_test

the /vol/vol_test which is the export path that will be generated, the user needs to give only the name. Here in fact the name that you specify is the qtree name in case of NAS provisioning, volume for the qtree is automatically created by DFM.

ans2) In case of NAS provisioining, the member that you provision is actually a qtree.

In case of SAN provisioning, you have to specify the storage container type as LUN or volume in the policy and then provision using 'dfpm dataset provision' command and the name that you specify here would be according to the storage container type mentioned in the policy.

From the above post, it is understood that you do not have access to DFM machine, most of your queries will be explained in the help once you get access to a machine.

There are also detailed workflow tutorials too in the NMC which wil be great help to you.

Regards

Sharu

Public