Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

import custom reports and dashboard in Oncommand 7.3.1

normcrossley

Hello, 

I am new to OCI and I have beem playing around with it. I came across the user created reports in the automation store. I was wanting to import them into OCI but I am having trouble. 

I did see this thread and used the .pdf to try an import the customer reports. 

https://community.netapp.com/t5/OnCommand-Storage-Management-Software-Articles-and-Resources/Importing-Custom-Reports-and-Dashboard-in-OnCommand-Repor...

The steps i have taken are the following. It could be that the current user created reports will not work with 7.3, But Just in case I am doing something incorrect i thought i would throw this out there and see if I can get an answer. Any Help would be appreciated.

1. download the .zip file into the deploymnet folder loaction on the DWH server.

1_zip_file_deployment_location.PNG

2. I open the IBM Cognos Administration and then try to  import the report. 

2_import_deployment_archive.PNG

3.  I select the name of the file i wish to import and then I recieve this error. 

3_import_error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dbourque

i should note that you will need to unzip (extract)  the file download to be able to view aand copy the text file contents

Regards,
Don

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dbourque

Hello,   You want to follow the instrustions provided in the link below to import reports from the automation store.   I also pasted them below for your conviencance.

Best regards,

Don

https://community.netapp.com/t5/OnCommand-Storage-Management-Software-Articles-and-Resources/How-to-import-report-templates-downloaded-from-the-OnComm...

1. Log Into the Operational Servers WebUI using admin/admin123
  2. Launch the Reporting Portal from the upper right hand main menu
  3. Login to the reporting portal with admin\admin123
  4. Click on the "Launch" menu pull down, then select Report Studio
  5. Select the Packages folder, Then select ANY package
  6. Select Create New
  7. Select the "Blank" report type 
  8. Using Notepad open one of the downloaded storefront .txt report files, this is actually HTML code for the report. Within notepad press Control-A to select all the contents of the report txt file,  Then Control-C to copy all the selected text
  9. Within Report Studio Select Tools from the main menu bar  and select Open Report from Clipboard
  10. Paste using Control-V the text into the open report from the clipboard. The report will now appear in Report Studio Desktop
  11. Save the report to My Folders and name it the name of the original .txt file (omitting “.txt”) 
  12. To import additional reporting templates, Click on File / New and repeat steps 7-11 .

dbourque

i should note that you will need to unzip (extract)  the file download to be able to view aand copy the text file contents

Regards,
Don

AKrutko

Hello!

Something went wrong when I tried to follow your steps on production system ( OCI 7.3, Cognos 10.2.2 )

Though, I have not got any errors when importing the same reports in LabOnDemand system  ( OCI 7.3, Cognos 10.2.2 )!

reports.jpg

Could you please help to solve this problem ?

SandipGadakh

This could be an error with Mozilla Firefox (if that is the browser) - refer to the below link:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PI90438

workaround is to  downgrade firefox to version 56.0.2 and disable the auto-updates of the browser

AKrutko

Yes, it works!

Thank you!

normcrossley

dbourque, Thanks so Much! It worked like a charm.  I was looking at trying to import thru Report Studio, but I couldnt figure out how to import/copy the text into the new report. 

Thanks again!

Public