Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

ndmpcopy and wfa

amir_soroka

Hi,

Is there any way to intergrate ndmpcopy with wfa?

Need to copy data from one cDOT system to another.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

ajitb

Amir,

There is no easy way to integrate ndmpcopy in WFA because there are no ONTAP management APIs for ndmpcopy. Although it would be possible in theory to get WFA to talk NDMP protocol orchestrating an NDMPCopy session, session oriented protocols does not lend themselves well to implementation as WFA workflows.

sinhaa

amir.soroka,

Anything (almost) is possible using WFA. All you need is to write a new command to do this. I don't have one ready with me right now, but will post one if I get time to make it.

What is your WFA and ONTAP versions?

sinhaa

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

amir_soroka

Hi,

Ontap is 8.2 cDOT .

WFA is still not installed.

Do you have a procedure about writing commands to the WFA ?

Thanks,

Amir

sinhaa

There is a developer's guide available at support.netapp.com . But this case of ndmpcopy may not be easy or even possible.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

elic_co

Hi!

Recently I installed WFA 3.0 and im traying to create my own workflow.

The workflow includes the creation of a new aggregate instead of the default aggregate that came with the machine(FAS 3210)

Therefore, I need to use ndmpcopy in order to move the content of vol0 in the original aggr to a new vol in my new aggr.

Im using Ontap 1.8.4,  7-mode 

Do you have any tips/templates for such command?

Thanks,

Michelle

Public