Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

"Create logical interface" Errors with "Failed to add lif"

coreywanless

Trying to use the "Create Logical Interface" command, and when I run it I get the error "failed to add lif. (Lif in Use)"

This is a unique LIF going onto a SVM that doesn't have any lifs assigned to it. I'm trying to apply this to an 8.2.2 RC2 cluster.

I tried issuing the "new-ncnetinterface" command outside of WFA, and received the same error, so I don't think it is WFA by itself, but maybe some bug with the powershell command or an underlying Netapp API.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

rkiran

Are you seeing the same behavior even from ONTAP CLI command (using 'net int create') ?

coreywanless

I wasn't expecting that! Yes, it does error with the same message using CLI. There are no other LIFS assigned to this SVM.

net int create -vserver mtnasmetap01-dr -lif mtnasmetap01dr_514 -role data -data-protocol cifs -home-node n1fsc1-02 -home-port a0b-514 -address 192.168.114.255 -netmask 255.255.254.0 -failover-policy nextavail -failover-group fg-vlan-514

Info: Failed to create virtual interface

Error: command failed: failed to add lif. (Lif in Use)

Unless you have any ideas, I guess I will have to open up a support case on this one.

adaikkap

Hi

Since you are getting the same from cli as well, I suggest you to first open the case against ONTAP instead of WFA.

Regards

adai

Public