Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

wfa 5.0.x install error

ntalreja

I am getting the following error on a fresh install. Please advise:

Finished Installing JRE.
Preparing... ################################# [100%]
Installing OnCommand Workflow Automation (WFA).
Updating / installing...
1:wfa-5.0.0.0.1-5039721 ################################# [100%]
Generating SSL certificate for WFA server.
Updating WFA database configuration files.
Updating HA configuration files.
Creating wfa group.
Creating wfa user.
Setting permissions for MySQL data directory.
Initialising MySQL data directory.
Installing WFA database init service.
Starting WFA database service.
Starting wfa-db. ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file (/opt/netapp/wfa/mysql/data/wfa-db.pid).
Waiting for WFA database service to come up.
Waiting for MySQL server to answer.........mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' exists!
Configuring MySQL with WFA specific configurations.
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
Error in configuring WFA administrator user in database.
Configuring password for MySQL root user.
Setting WFA license key.
Key was set successfully

Job for wfa-server.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status wfa-server.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Could not start WFA server service successfully.
Exiting installation...

===================

I already tried removing the lock file (rm /var/lock/subsys/mysql and restarting the service)

thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

helge

This mostly happens when you install mysql and then install WFA. Please check if the standard Linux image has maria db or mysql.

If this is the case I would recommend to remove WFA , remove all mysql, maria db including deleting the data folder (otherwithe create database will fail on re-install) and start over. Follow the flow of the installer which will take care of mysql too. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

moep

Check the MySQL log file why the database server is not running.

helge

This mostly happens when you install mysql and then install WFA. Please check if the standard Linux image has maria db or mysql.

If this is the case I would recommend to remove WFA , remove all mysql, maria db including deleting the data folder (otherwithe create database will fail on re-install) and start over. Follow the flow of the installer which will take care of mysql too. 

Public