ONTAP Discussions

7-mode fpolicy

papad0123

Hello,

Does ONTAP 7-mode fpolicy support reporting to an external server? If so, how would I go about configuring 7-mode to report to an external server?

I used the following commands on ONTAP c-mode to configure an fpolicy server

Create FPolicy engine
vserver fpolicy policy external-engine create -vserver vserver_name -engine-name engine_name -primary-servers ip -port 8080 -ssl-option no-auth

Create FPolicy event

vserver fpolicy policy event create -vserver vserver_name -event-name events_name -protocol cifs -file-operations read,write,create,delete -filters first_read,first_write

Create FPolicy policy
vserver fpolicy policy create -vserver vserver_name -policy-name policy_name -events events_name -engine engine_name

Create FPolicy scope
vserver fpolicy policy scope create -vserver vserver_name -policy-name policy_name -volumes-to-include *

Enable FPolicy
vserver fpolicy enable -vserver vserver_name -policy-name policy_name -sequence-number 1

Will it work the same and how would I translate the above to the 7-mode equivalent commands?

What formats/protocols does the 7-mode fpolicy support?

Thanks for your replies and time.

2 REPLIES 2

Sahana

Hi,

Please refer https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMM1277790/html/filesag/GUID-A7DBFCD5-4620-4423-8284-035BE31727C0.html

Refer fpolicy work flowchart and limitations of Fpolicy section

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public