ONTAP Discussions

7mtt cifs issues with server IP

Jon_Nilsson

Getting this error:

Error

Checking whether the 7-Mode Transition Tool is reachable from the clustered Data ONTAP system 'X.X.X.X'.

The 7-Mode Transition Tool IP address 'X.X.X.X' is not reachable from the clustered Data ONTAP system 'X.X.X.X'.

Make sure the 7-Mode Transition Tool IP address 'X.X.X.X' is reachable from the clustered Data ONTAP system 'X.X.X.X'

by using the following command: 'network ping -node local -destination X.X.X.X' and then retry the operation.

If 'X.X.X.X' is not the 7-Mode Transition Tool IP address,

add a new entry 'transition.server.ip.address = <transition-server-windows-system-ip-address>'

in the 'C:\Program Files\NetApp\7-Mode Transition Tool\etc\conf\transition-tool.conf' file,

restart the 7-Mode Transition Tool service and then retry the operation.

Can i skip this with some easy command thrue CLI?

4 REPLIES 4

neto

Hi Jon,

This is neto from Brazil

How are you?

Not sure if you still need help... if you need, could you please elaborate and send me more details?

Thanks

neto

ROBERTO_GALLARDO

Did you solved it? I have the same issue. Even addign the ip to the filer it remains the same

VijayaBhaskarReddy

Is ping blocked on Windows Firewall (where 7MTT is running)? This error comes when a ping from Vserver IP to 7MTT Server IP fails.

To apply Local Users and Groups, 7MTT Server IP must be reachabel from Vserver data LIF. A ping check is done to 

check the reachability.

Michele_M

Hi all,

i've restarted the 7mtt service under

7-Mode Transition tool service can be found at Start Menu > Control Panel >Administrative Tools > Services > NetApp 7-Mode Transition tool

after editing the config file.

it work!!

Public