ONTAP Discussions

8.0.1 7-Mode; autosupport options cannot be changed

udo_braunschweiger

I experienced a wierd situation on a new system install yesterday.

I was installing a FAS3240 Fabric Attached MetroCluster with four DS14-MkIV Disk Shelfes and wantet to disable autosupport until we have the network connetion set up properly.

But if i enter

toaster> options autosupport.support.enable off

toaster> options autosupport.enable off

Everyting seemed to be fine, as usual i got the reminder that i should also change the option on the cluster partner, otherwise the cluster takeover may not work properly.

Anyway, if i check the options again

toaster> options autosupport

Both autosupport.enable options were still set to "on"! I tried this several times on both nodes, the options cannot be changed.

As a simple test i changed the security style of the root volume to unix..... and it worked just fine!

toaster> qtree security /vol/vol0/ unix

Does this mean a DOT 8.0.1 7-Mode System requires that the security style of the root volume is set to unix??

Any Hint is apprechiated

Udo Braunschweiger

4 REPLIES 4

scottgelb

It sounds like BURT 473885.  Did you halt, reboot or failover the cluster and giveback?  It looks like you might be hitting this BURT where "bootarg.init.wipeclean" was set on some systems at shipment... if you halt the controller and run "printenv" from the loader prompt, do you see this option set?  If yes it sets things back to factory defaults... run "set-defaults" and "bye" from the loader prompt to clear this env.

udo_braunschweiger

Thanks scott

I will check that out!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards

Udo Braunschweiger

Sent from my mobile device, pleaase excuse typos and shortys

scottgelb

Let us know what you find.  Also, here is the other community post about this http://communities.netapp.com/message/49179#49179

udo_braunschweiger

Hello Scott

That was a 100-point shot!!

Thanks for your help!!

Freundliche Grüsse / kind regards

Udo Braunschweiger

Technical Sales Professional

ABO-Storage Distribution AG

<http://www.innovation2011.ch/

Public