ONTAP Discussions

8.2.1p1 7-mode - terminate cifs prior to takeover - Giveback was vetoed by vfiler_low_level.

JGPSHNTAP

I'm just curious as to this new message I get when im taking over 8.2.1p1 .... 

I've never seen this before.. This must be new in 7-mode and if so, where in the documentation is this

filer> cf takeover
cf: CIFS is active on some of the partner's vfilers. Terminate CIFS on each of the partner vfiler to proceed further.

filer(takeover)> CIFS connections are active on the partner node. CIFS must be terminated on each vfiler on the partner node with active connections prior to giveback.
Giveback was vetoed by vfiler_low_level.
Giveback was vetoed by cifs.

The only thing i've found is this for cDot

https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1196905/html/GUID-6B88F2C9-4EA4-4954-9BCA-BFE298AE28F6.html

If this is new, please point to the documentation.  I find it annoying to hvae to go to every vfiler and terminate cifs... 

Any insight would be great

2 REPLIES 2

m11

Within our environment we normally have over 900 cifs connections. If we initiate a cluster failover and allow users to be given a grace period, the filer will go and notify every user, sometimes this goes for 40mins.

To terminate cifs across the filer and vfiler you can execute: vfiler run * cifs terminate to complete terminating cifs all at once.

JGPSHNTAP

Terminating cifs in that manner is not the problem.  The problem I have is that this code appears to be new in the 8.2.x and we aren't used to seeing this.   We find it to be a bit annoying while performing maintenance.

Public