ONTAP Discussions

9.4 upgrade request body must have

himal123

Hi,

Getting this error,  any body has any idea  ?

Untitled picture.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

himal123

I was able to upgrade,  thanks all

sim94::> cluster image show-update-progress

Estimated         Elapsed

Update Phase         Status                   Duration       Duration

-------------------- ----------------- --------------- ---------------

Pre-update checks   completed               00:10:00       00:00:13

Data ONTAP updates   completed               00:46:00       00:10:36

Post-update checks   completed               00:10:00       00:00:03

3 entries were displayed.

Updated nodes: sim94-01.

sim94::*> system node image show

Is     Is                               Install

Node     Image   Default Current Version                   Date

-------- ------- ------- ------- ------------------------- -------------------

sim94-01

image1 false   false   9.4                       -

image2 true   true   9.4P1                     9/12/2018 17:41:30

2 entries were displayed.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

AlexDawson

Hi there,

It looks like you're trying to upload a new image to the cluster? What web browser are you using and what extensions are present for it on the system?

Try a different browser would be my first suggestion. Potentially if it is the simulator, check how full aggr0 and the vol0 are on it - there may not be enough space on them.

qw
NetApp

Can you give me more details to find the root cause,

a) Did you try uploading the image using Local Client button?

b) Which version are you trying to upgrade?

c) Could you provide the browser name and its version?

himal123

thanks for all help.  Here is the screen clip of all the questions

I think, we need to change the image file name  ????

I am using the chrome,  vol0 has plenty of space

Untitled picture1.png

AlexDawson

Those image names seem fine, as does the Chrome version. What extensions do you have installed, and are you accessing this system through a proxy?

himal123

There is no proxy,  I am accessing this straight from my desktop. The cdot is in ESX host.

himal123

I was able to upgrade,  thanks all

sim94::> cluster image show-update-progress

Estimated         Elapsed

Update Phase         Status                   Duration       Duration

-------------------- ----------------- --------------- ---------------

Pre-update checks   completed               00:10:00       00:00:13

Data ONTAP updates   completed               00:46:00       00:10:36

Post-update checks   completed               00:10:00       00:00:03

3 entries were displayed.

Updated nodes: sim94-01.

sim94::*> system node image show

Is     Is                               Install

Node     Image   Default Current Version                   Date

-------- ------- ------- ------- ------------------------- -------------------

sim94-01

image1 false   false   9.4                       -

image2 true   true   9.4P1                     9/12/2018 17:41:30

2 entries were displayed.

AlexDawson

If this issue comes up again for someone else, could you please post what you did to resolve it?

nileshm

I am hitting the same issue. Can you please help on the resolution. I tried this with different browsers. Changed the filename and placed the file on C drive directly.

qw
NetApp
Hi Nilesh, Can you check if you have enough space to upload image? Check it in CLI diag mode, with the command below, file-uploads config show

sam_wozniak

I was facing the same issue with failing to upload through the GUI both errors; first:

' Failed to add the software image to the cluster.  The request body must have content type multipart/form-data with a field named "file '

Then:

"The operation failed because the information needed from the cluster to perform the operation could not be retrieved."

In the end, I believe my problem was a cluster LIF not on the home port.  It succeeded after that.  

JSmith6164

Hello, 

During an attempt to upgrade from 9.6P6 to 9.7P1 via system manager we recently hit the same error "the request body must have conent type multipart/form-data with field named "file"" on a client install.

What was the workaround to get the image uploaded successfully?

AlexDawson

For 9.6 to 9.7, issue is caused by BURT 1223866

The default staging directory size for ONTAP software images on each node's root volume in ONTAP 9.6 and earlier is set to 2GB. The ONTAP 9.7 image is greater than 2GB. When attempting to upgrade a cluster to ONTAP 9.7 with a local software image upload from System Manager, the image upload fails with the following error message: Failed to add the software image to the cluster. The request body must have content type multipart/form-data with a field named "file" containing the file to upload.

Resize the default staging directory size for ONTAP software images to 4GB on all the nodes in the cluster. The staging directory uses space taken from the root volume. Therefore, the root volume size shrinks due to the resize operation. Ensure that there is at least 10GB of space available in the root volume before attempting the resize operation. Use the "volume show -volume -fields available" command to monitor the available space in the root volume. Use the following (privilege: diagnostic) command to resize the staging directory to 4GB before uploading the software image:

::> set diagnostic; system services web file-uploads config modify -node * -size 4GB

The command returns a job ID you can use to track the status of the operation. The value "*" for "node" field specifies all nodes in the cluster. Example:

::> set diagnostic; system services web file-uploads config modify -node * -size 4GB ::> job show -id

JSmith6164

Thank you very much, Alex.  Really appreciate that write up. Thanks again!

JerseyJON

Thank you Alex Dawson,

set diagnostic; system services web file-uploads config modify -node * -size 4GB

Fixed my issue!

DavidGonzalez

Thanks a lot for sharing, it works!

atibon

wonderful. thank you so much

StorageRetiever

Seems in the command you provided, I was never able to get the * to work. I always had to supply the Node Name.

Also when you tickle it before you increase the image size it reports 2GB. But when you update it with the command and then tickle it again to check the size.. It reports zero "0" , even when the show Jobs ( 2 Nodes ) succeeded.  Any one else out there notice that? The reason I know this as I tried to load on the new image 9.7.P7 on a 9.5.Px system and it actually took the image even when image area did not report the 4GB I just set it too? Thinking ( A Bill Thing ) a.k.a. reboot would fix this  or its a NetApp Bug. Let me now if we have a consensus on my conclusion. Thanks !!!

KSALINVILLE

I'm working on an AFF A400 implementation that was shipped with ONTAP 9.7P6.  In trying to upload a fresh ONTAP 9.8 image I was greeted with this same error message.  The staging area was still set at 2GB.  I increased it to 4GB and yet still received the same error.  I then increased it to 5GB (which is the maximum size allowed) and the image was successfully uploaded.

There were no other images shown besides the 9.7P6 image and it's backup copy when running the system image show command.

NICOLAS_CNAV

Thx works like charme

Md_Tanjil_Islam

I was performing upgrade from 9.5P5 to 9.7P13 and encountered the same issue.

Thanks a lot, it resolved my issue and saved the times. @AlexDawson 

Public