ONTAP Discussions

Aggregate size

rwelshman

Is there a way to view the available space in an aggregate within a data vserver? If I'm going to increase or create a volume in the aggregate, I would like to know that there is enough room. Is there a field for one of the commands that shows the available / used per aggregate?

4 REPLIES 4

Uddhav

First check by this

cluster1::> storage aggregate show

nodes column shows the which aggr belong to which node

then

cluster1::> storage aggregate show -aggregate aggr1

you are in cluster1 node here

After you create vserver,  in any node,  when you do 

cluster::> vserver show

one of the column is the aggregate info there....

Hope this helps

rwelshman

I know I can find the aggregate name and I can find the size of the aggregate from the cluster admin level / node vserver. I am imaging myself as being a vserver admin only and logging into my data vserver and wanting to increase my volume. How do I know how much free space is in the aggregate?

himal123

you have to assign the aggregates which are bound to that vserver to vserver admin

vserver show -fields aggr-list  =  to see if any assinged

if not assign as

vserver modify -vserver vs1.example.com -aggr-list aggr1,aggr2

Let me know

rwelshman

There is an aggregate assigned to the Vserver, what I would like to see in that data vserver is the available spae in the aggregate - is that possible?

In 7-mode, I would run "df -g volume" then "df -Ag aggr" to make sure there was room before I expanded.

In C-mode, I can see the size of my volume in the data vserver, but I can't find the command to see the size of that volume's aggregate.

Public