ONTAP Discussions

Any way to add thousands separators to the CLI output in clustered ontap?

ACHOU_SIMG

Hi,

ONTAP 9.1 RC1

I often use the CLI to perform admin work because alot of things can't be done via web interface. One thing I find annoying is outputs often have large numbers. For example, in the output below, it'd be very helpful to be able to quickly know which the values of "files" and "files-used" are. Having thousand separators will make it very easy to tell.

ntap01::> volume show -vserver nas01 -volume projects  -fields total,used,files,files-used
vserver  volume              total used    files    files-used
-------- ------------------- ----- ------- -------- ----------
nas01 projects 380GB 58.58GB 99614713 6225917

Is it possible to tell the CLI to add commas for thousands, millions, etc.?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aborzenkov

If you use CLI often, I would consider using PowerShell, assuming you are on Windows. It is much more convinient than automating CLI directly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sahana

Hi,

You can use set -showseperator

Refer http://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.dot-cm-cmpr%2Fset.html

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

aborzenkov

"-showseparator" changes fields separator. I do not see any documented way to modify number formats (thousand or decimal separators).

aborzenkov

If you use CLI often, I would consider using PowerShell, assuming you are on Windows. It is much more convinient than automating CLI directly.

Public